Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 50 unable to do Hardmode Flashpoints

Krijgar
01.12.2012 , 09:22 PM | #1
I am unable to speak to the droids outside of an instance to start a hardmode except for the esseles. I've searched this topic b4, but im getting mixed results. So i am here to confirm, do you have to complete normal mode to unlock harmode?

A few things to keep in mind:

1. yes im lvl 50
2. I literally have only 1 quest (and its bonus) in my quest log. its the quest chain from ilum and the only reason its there is because i am unable to abandon it.
3. With the exception of normal and hardmode esseles, i have never completed a flashpoint. I just quested/pvp'd my way to the cap.

I appreciate the help on what I am doing wrong.

Krijgar
01.12.2012 , 09:23 PM | #2
bump. wow these things go down fast.

Pyromanen
01.12.2012 , 09:29 PM | #3
Fairly certain you have to have done the normal mode of a flashpoint to do hardmode.

psysention
01.12.2012 , 09:30 PM | #4
ok
in order to speak with the droid
first you need to get the normal mode quest
quest named call to arms etc...

talk with the droids in space ports

they will give you flashpoint quests

than go and get the next step > for example [Flashpoint] Boarding Party

than disband that quest
and get the [HARD] Borading party from the droid outside the instance...

have fun

SaintSabbat
01.12.2012 , 09:31 PM | #5
Which ones were you trying? only Esseles, Dir 7 and up have hard modes.
Pray the Force grants you mercy, for I shall not.

psysention
01.12.2012 , 09:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pyromanen View Post
Fairly certain you have to have done the normal mode of a flashpoint to do hardmode.
you don't have to complete the normal mode

you just have to get he normal mode quest than disband it

afterwards if you are lvl 50 player you can start the flashpoint by getting the hard mode from the droid outside the instance

Salmissra
01.12.2012 , 09:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Krijgar View Post
I am unable to speak to the droids outside of an instance to start a hardmode except for the esseles. I've searched this topic b4, but im getting mixed results. So i am here to confirm, do you have to complete normal mode to unlock harmode?

A few things to keep in mind:

1. yes im lvl 50
2. I literally have only 1 quest (and its bonus) in my quest log. its the quest chain from ilum and the only reason its there is because i am unable to abandon it.
3. With the exception of normal and hardmode esseles, i have never completed a flashpoint. I just quested/pvp'd my way to the cap.

I appreciate the help on what I am doing wrong.
No you don't have to have done normal mode to unlock it. For Ilum and Emp all you do is talk to the dudes standing right outside it. I don't know how your republic crap works but for two of our instances (BP and Foundry) you need to have grabbed a level 33ish quest, talk to a Moff, that gives you the normal [Group] Flashpoint quest which you then abandon (BUT DONT ABANDON THE LEVEL 33 QUEST) and then you'll be able to grab the hard mode quests. Directive 7 is the same thing, there's an intro quest, you talk to a dude, abandon the normal mode quest but keep the intro quest, then you can grab the hard mode quest.

It's pretty *********** ridiculous, and we usually have to explain it to whatever dps we have that day, but it works.

I never did anything but black talon on my main char and I've done all the hard modes

Krijgar
01.12.2012 , 09:43 PM | #8
Thanks for all the responses

trying to respond to every1 here

at first i was trying to do directive 7 and taral v (I am aware that not all flashpoints have a HM)

during this time i ran thru taral v and completed the quest. i can now talk to the droid.

there have been responses on how to get by going thru the normal modes by abandoning certain quests and wut not. I will be giving them a try.

Thanks again.