Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

EV - Ancient Pylon Hardmode

Korghal's Avatar


Korghal
01.12.2012 , 03:36 PM | #1
We have downed this before,we just pressed RIGHT and it solved itself. Pretty easy.

Now, it has been suggested that there is a pattern and thats its a combination lock. This i cant confirm, but you can do it faster if you turn the weel the accurate way. Now here is the kick, it bugs almost every time. At the bottom is a list of what we have tried.

Doing the shortest possible turns to complete each set.
Doing the longster possible turns to complete each set.
Doing the same amount on each pylon in both camps.
South camps first(solve 1) then north camp, and vice versa.

It still bugs, either this encounter is still bugged out or we are doin it wrong.

THe current order is "Green>Red>Purple>White>Yellow>Blue>Green". Which seems to be accurate from last Operation.

Anyone have anything they have PROVEN, im not looking for wild guess or one or two time solutions. But something that works.

ValaxDarkseer's Avatar


ValaxDarkseer
01.12.2012 , 03:38 PM | #2
The SOUTH pylon must ALWAYS finish first.

Do that and make sure you try and do it in as few turns as possible. Youll be fine yo

Korghal's Avatar


Korghal
01.12.2012 , 03:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
The SOUTH pylon must ALWAYS finish first.

Do that and make sure you try and do it in as few turns as possible. Youll be fine yo
Did that, hearsay and you got lucky. It still locked up.

Darth_Sarkis's Avatar


Darth_Sarkis
01.12.2012 , 03:40 PM | #4
the proven method, as confirmed by a dev as a work around, is to always solve the south pylon first, including these steps :

1. do not touch the north console until the south console is completely solved, each round.

2. Still solve as quickly as possible, so map out the order for the fastest method, the only reason for this is, if you get to the last rounds of adds, on the south side, the two gold mobs, and they die before the north finishes, it will bug out. The console will still be clickable but wont rotate.

My guild has done it this was every week, and had no issue whatsoever.

Korghal's Avatar


Korghal
01.12.2012 , 03:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Sarkis View Post
the proven method, as confirmed by a dev as a work around, is to always solve the south pylon first, including these steps :

1. do not touch the north console until the south console is completely solved, each round.

2. Still solve as quickly as possible, so map out the order for the fastest method, the only reason for this is, if you get to the last rounds of adds, on the south side, the two gold mobs, and they die before the north finishes, it will bug out. The console will still be clickable but wont rotate.

My guild has done it this was every week, and had no issue whatsoever.
I will try this, never thought about it that way. Thanks bro.

ValaxDarkseer's Avatar


ValaxDarkseer
01.12.2012 , 03:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Korghal View Post
Did that, hearsay and you got lucky. It still locked up.
Hearsay you say?

Yet our pylon rarely locks up. Imagine that...........u bad

Ashorian's Avatar


Ashorian
01.12.2012 , 03:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
Hearsay you say?

Yet our pylon rarely locks up. Imagine that...........u bad
quoting to show how you invalidated your own claims.



hi

gramz's Avatar


gramz
01.12.2012 , 03:56 PM | #8
We solve the rings in this order. North, south, south, north. Have not had an issue in 16 player nightmare.

ValaxDarkseer's Avatar


ValaxDarkseer
01.12.2012 , 04:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashorian View Post
quoting to show how you invalidated your own claims.
Yes our strat didnt work because one time we hit right when we shoulda hit left!

Zomg claim invalidated! blah blah blah

Alohen's Avatar


Alohen
01.12.2012 , 04:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Sarkis View Post
the proven method, as confirmed by a dev as a work around, is to always solve the south pylon first, including these steps :

1. do not touch the north console until the south console is completely solved, each round.

2. Still solve as quickly as possible, so map out the order for the fastest method, the only reason for this is, if you get to the last rounds of adds, on the south side, the two gold mobs, and they die before the north finishes, it will bug out. The console will still be clickable but wont rotate.

My guild has done it this was every week, and had no issue whatsoever.
We tried this tonight after It Locking out about 6 times, and Your method you said Worked First time we tried it. So I suggest people try it at least.