Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Telekinetic Throw animation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Telekinetic Throw animation

Thatguypa
01.12.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1
Are people okay with the pebble throw animation now? I remember during beta everyone hated it.

I like the class and want to play it because I think Seer and Balance specs would be a lot of fun in PvP, but I cannot get over how much I absolutely hate Telekinetic Throw; it just looks so horrible. I know it is a big part of the Sage damage arsenal too so it is not an ability that I could just not use.

Grenandine
01.12.2012 , 03:20 PM | #2
Dude, it ROCKS!

Seriously, it is not bad. I like the variety of animations on the sage.
Grenandine - Master of Sunrise

Jaerion
01.12.2012 , 03:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Grenandine View Post
Dude, it ROCKS!
I see what you did there...

Also, this topic is new and interesting!
AAAAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

Thatguypa
01.12.2012 , 03:23 PM | #4
I guess everyone likes different things. I just think the whole, throw pebbles that appear out of nowhere at a person to be completely pathetic.

IceManLoneWolf
01.12.2012 , 03:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thatguypa View Post
I guess everyone likes different things. I just think the whole, throw pebbles that appear out of nowhere at a person to be completely pathetic.
Think of them as impromptu bullets.

WinterWraith
01.12.2012 , 04:16 PM | #6
I personally like it, but don't use it as often on my shadow. I actually dislike the inquisitor animations, force lightning is cool but it seems like almost every one of their abilities is some variation of the same purple lightning. I prefer a bit more variety.

GreymaneAlpha
01.12.2012 , 04:44 PM | #7
I like the pebbles.

nitrob
01.12.2012 , 04:47 PM | #8
I like most of the animation, but would prefer some sort of orgination point for the pebbles. Like perhaps a whirlwind around you or something. But, already the sage has some animation issues from its mirror. So I wouldn't want any delays in the animations.

Shiroie
01.12.2012 , 05:18 PM | #9
My hope was that as the Sage levels, his or her TK throw pebbles increase in size. That way we know it's not just pelting pebbles at someone, but maybe even rocks. Something that hurts xD

Mireleni
01.12.2012 , 05:29 PM | #10
I agree that it's not ideal. I'm OK with doing damage by hurling pebbles (hurl them fast enough, it's like a rain of bullets), but just like with Project, there are some locations (e.g. a space ship) where it doesn't really make sense. The appearance of Telekinetic Throw doesn't affect its utility, of course--it's quite handy--but it's a small part of the reason that so far I've decided to go with TK instead of Balance. I can have my Sorcerer do the Madness tree.

That said, I do appreciate the variety in the appearance of the Sage's attacks (Project, Tk throw, Disturbance, even Force Stun), the mirrors of which for Sorcerers are all various flavors of purple lightning. Makes me feel like other players in my party assume I'm just spamming the same key over and over again.
Revan: You just called me a meatbag again!
HK-47: Explanation: It's just that...you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea.
Revan: Neither do I, come to think of it...