Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Ninyania
01.12.2012 , 11:55 AM | #1461
Quote: Originally Posted by Merex View Post
So basically what it all comes down to is Bioware implemented REMOVE RENDERING between beta close and release (very sneaky and used car salesman like Bioware) and wants to protect their assets, and not let us have assets on our machines, EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTANCE OUTSIDE OF ONLIVE GAMES lets us have local assets. So we have to DOWNLOAD textures as we see them. It's not a bug, it's not a technical limitation. It's all about protecting Bioware's assets from....FANSITES. So ridiculous.
This is not true, stop repeating it. There is no "remote rendering" or DRM going on.

Threefiddie
01.12.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1462
hmmm LOOKS LIKE HIGH RES TEXTURES TO ME BIOWARE IN YOUR LATEST VIDEO!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/massively/videos/511/

RAKghouls!

BeeblesTV
01.12.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1463
Quote: Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
hmmm LOOKS LIKE HIGH RES TEXTURES TO ME BIOWARE IN YOUR LATEST VIDEO!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/massively/videos/511/

RAKghouls!
Trailer is great, to bad its all lies visually.

bobbyisrael
01.12.2012 , 11:57 AM | #1464
So basically what it all comes down to is Bioware implemented REMOVE RENDERING between beta close and release (very sneaky and used car salesman like Bioware) and wants to protect their assets, and not let us have assets on our machines, EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTANCE OUTSIDE OF ONLIVE GAMES lets us have local assets. So we have to DOWNLOAD textures as we see them. It's not a bug, it's not a technical limitation. It's all about protecting Bioware's assets from....FANSITES. So ridiculous.

That turned out to be false. Please stop spreading false information out there.

Hmmmm not saying you are by I some times wonder if blizzard has people on here disrupting the forums.

ToonPhil
01.12.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1465
Until the game the actually looks like these newly released screenshots released today of Kaon Under Siege, I am staying unsubbed. Look at the shadows! The game looks nowhere near that good. Take a look!
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/...r_siege_15.jpg

Threefiddie
01.12.2012 , 11:59 AM | #1466
Quote: Originally Posted by ToonPhil View Post
Until the game the actually looks like these newly released screenshots released today of Kaon Under Siege, I am staying unsubbed. Look at the shadows! The game looks nowhere near that good. Take a look!
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/...r_siege_15.jpg
yah where the hell is that game

Ninyania
01.12.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1467
It sure as hell better be false. Texture pop in, and the grass appearing when it's "inside of my character's detail bubble" doesn't help their cause though.
That's simply a result of their rendering engine being ***-tastic.

Kraylessa
01.12.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1468
The release of that trailer and new press pack today is really just rubbing salt in the wound for all of us. I can't believe they would have Stephen Reid post that BS yesterday and then release a bunch of PR stuff with high res textures the very next day. Bioware, you seriously need to get your act together.
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.

Merex
01.12.2012 , 12:01 PM | #1469
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninyania View Post
That's simply a result of their rendering engine being ***-tastic.
Could be. I just have a hard time trusting anything a game company spits out as a claim these days.

Merex
01.12.2012 , 12:02 PM | #1470
Quote: Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
yah where the hell is that game
Back in beta