Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Plagueis - Novel.

Brutanic
01.11.2012 , 11:04 AM | #1
I know it was only released yesterday, but has anyone gotten a chance to have a read of it? Could you guys voice your opinions on the book? I wouldn't mind some feedback before buying it.

Praxim
01.11.2012 , 11:14 AM | #2
I read 2 preview chapters. Seemed interesting, purely from the perspective of learning more about Palpatines back story, which includes plagueis. I plan on picking it up today and burning through it.
"Your head smells like a puppy!"

LordRelyks
01.11.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Ill start reading soon.

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

thecordler
01.11.2012 , 05:19 PM | #4
i read it in it's whole form.
Click to be spoiled about what is a heavy theme of the book....
Spoiler

BrandonSM
01.11.2012 , 11:56 PM | #5
I'm curious as well.

I am so tempted to just skip the book and read the wookieepedia page because I didn't like Luceno's past work. But this book really looks promisiing.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Eillack
01.12.2012 , 11:23 AM | #6
I saw it in a local Barnes & Noble and was tempted to buy it haha. IF it turns out ot be good I'll consider buying it..though God only knwos when I'll get time this semester.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Illuziun
01.12.2012 , 11:27 AM | #7
From what I understand, the book doesn't really have much to do with Darth Plagueis, but rather it's 95% Darth Sidious. For this reason, I'm waiting on it until I finish my current series, but from early reviews it's supposed to be a good read.

Freemasonn
01.12.2012 , 03:33 PM | #8
Picked it up for the kindle on tuesday, just started it....so far so good.

dark_wolf
01.12.2012 , 11:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post
From what I understand, the book doesn't really have much to do with Darth Plagueis, but rather it's 95% Darth Sidious. For this reason, I'm waiting on it until I finish my current series, but from early reviews it's supposed to be a good read.
From what I've read of it, it's just the opposite. Sidious was in the prologue and that's it. I'm only about 4 chapters in, but given the size of the Revan book, I'm assuming this one is fairly short as well. I don't know how long it is,because it's on my kindle and every recent star wars book on there seems to be half adds anymore.

thecordler
01.13.2012 , 01:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post
it's about 50/50, but it's the looking into sidous that makes one understand Plagueis, because you have to understand the being that will ultimately kill his master from his perspective of how things unfolded.

THe book is an amazing read, Plagueis is the kinda sith lord that is most dangerous, a planner, a manipulator and a thinker, he defeated an entire order of Jedi by using their own beliefs and ensuring that the republic was going away from them.

ALso the book has incredible insight into both the Force of the physical and ethereal and how they each compliment eachother yet also restrict each other.