Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

ClayPeopleCry
01.12.2012 , 08:44 AM | #21
I haven't seen the warrior story but it does sound way better. With my Inquisitor you always feel like you are someones *****. And if you think of it they tried to warn you about this from the beginning. Your first trainer constantly calls you slave and basically keeps telling you that you are nothing compared to Sith Warriors. Its like he's saying. "You picked the wrong class. If you want to re-roll the time is now."
Che Guevara: Its a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies.

lokdron
01.12.2012 , 09:44 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayPeopleCry View Post
I haven't seen the warrior story but it does sound way better. With my Inquisitor you always feel like you are someones *****. And if you think of it they tried to warn you about this from the beginning. Your first trainer constantly calls you slave and basically keeps telling you that you are nothing compared to Sith Warriors. Its like he's saying. "You picked the wrong class. If you want to re-roll the time is now."
I personally think that was the best part of the SI story when you are doing your trials on korriban and then after that it's just well..... crap.

Asnine
01.12.2012 , 09:49 AM | #23
upcoming SI story line expansion -

you actually kill the emperor.

IT'S COMING

DrMelhattan
01.12.2012 , 11:52 AM | #24
Yeah, the SI storyline is...really underwhelming.

The first part is nonstop fetch quests. You're basically Indiana Jones, but even though you have lightning, you're still not as cool. How is that possible? They couldn't even give us some exposition on what KIND of relics we were getting or the HISTORY or I dunno, some sort of cool explanation of the inner workings of the Dark Side or original Sith Lords or SOMETHING? Anything??

Then you become a Ghostbuster, and you're not even the one played by Bill Murray. I just...fail to see the whole point of this. Wouldn't it have been cooler to actually do some political intrigue? Or anything at all involved with the main plot? It just feels like SI's story occurs in a bubble and nothing you do has any real effect on anyone else.

And throughout the whole thing, you're basically someone else's lapdog and also completely incompetent on your own. Kallig saves you (and then proceeds to call you foolish) how many times? You're beaten by how many Darth Nobodies? How many of these plans were your own?

Freaking lame. I guess Bioware had to make something about the SI bad so people would roll other classes.

matthewcreech
01.12.2012 , 03:21 PM | #25
Watching the slow and bumbling rise of soon to be Darth Doughnuts,
the biggest, pinkest Twilek Sith Assassin, has actually turned into a sublime comedy.

Trainer "You are a bad noob slave!"
Darth Doughnuts "I am a sad panda."

Sith Ghost "Eat more ghosts!"
Darth Doughnuts "nom nom nom!"

On the flipside,
I can't take sith warrior seriously when there is no option for an iron jaw.

Deshiel
01.12.2012 , 04:36 PM | #26
They have breath masks.

EbonPhoenix
01.12.2012 , 09:25 PM | #27
Not only is the narritive better for warriors, the actual class missions are better.

How many times do you have to run down a long tunnel fighting everything on the way to get to the very far end just to have a lame conversation in the SI quests?

On the other hand, a Warrior busts into a room, kills a few people, has a really cool cut scene, and then gets to leave.

After the SI cut scene you have to fight your way back out of this 4 mile long tunnel/cave.

This happens FREQUENTLY.

I leveled from 1 to 50 with a SW Jugger (I was heal spec sorc) and consistantly, my buddy would groan and just tell me how horrible my stuff was compared to his, and I couldn't argue.
Ziost Combine Guild LeaderDDE ACTIVE

Tullianus
01.12.2012 , 10:16 PM | #28
SI is Lil Jon

Interactions go like this

Person X: The thing you need to do is this
SI: WHUT?
X: Seriously, this is a great plan I made up
X: Just do it
SI: OKAY

After playing the Warrior for a bit I really am let down...hell, that quest in Korriban where you have to decide the fates of prisoners, that would have worked for Inquisitors

Jaysun
01.13.2012 , 10:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tullianus View Post
SI is Lil Jon

Interactions go like this

Person X: The thing you need to do is this
X: Seriously, this is a great plan I made up
X: Just do it
SI: OKAY

After playing the Warrior for a bit I really am let down...hell, that quest in Korriban where you have to decide the fates of prisoners, that would have worked for Inquisitors

OK I lol'd.. someone needs to make a lil jon looking SI!
Jaysun - Guardian
MEK

Xukon - Powertech

MinM
01.13.2012 , 01:40 PM | #30
you guys forgot the loopholes and how the story felt you needed to play it one way or it wouldnt make sense... an example of a loophole mb you have but i missed it while skimming the posts

spoiler*

when zash is "killed" the students are talking to you and zash is talking through khem val... and they dont explain OH shes ALIVE or anything...

not to mention after a while there was really seldom any choice you... sure there were 3 choices... of what to say... but they all said the same thing... now the story was good if i hadnt experienced jedi knight or sith warrior story before hand... however hopefully bioware will reward us in future expansions and actually give a decent budget to inquisitor story because honestly i felt it was just low budget and thats why it was bad compared to others