Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Up Through PVP

iSelphy
01.12.2012 , 01:04 AM | #1
I'm getting close to 50 and was wondering how to deal with gearing up for OPs and all the end-game. Most of the people and advice I come across is to gear up with pvp since hard mode FPs don't quite cut it.

I've read from some people that they can gear a new piece of gear every 3-4 days? Is that true? They said to do the daily/weekly and you'll get pvp gear easily. The only pvp quests I've gotten so far was to go to Outlaw's Den on Tatooine and participate in a warzone. Am I missing some quests or something? It can't be that easy to just participate in a warzone.

I'm a Jedi Sage spec'd for healing and so I was wondering how difficult is it to actually do the things necessary for pvp and to get pvp gear? Can I just follow people around and heal them?

AngryNiczorn
01.12.2012 , 01:19 AM | #2
Once you hit 50 you will be able to quest daily's through the pvp terminal.
And yes, it is true. 3-4 days!
Forcejump lvl 0

MetallicaRulez
01.12.2012 , 01:23 AM | #3
I had full PvP gear by valor rank 27. Roughly 3 WZ wins per day for ~3 weeks. It really is that easy.

Make sure you do the ilum PvP daily/weekly as well. It's essentially 10 free Champion bags every week.

Gunthr
01.12.2012 , 06:39 AM | #4
Well, its mostly true,pvp gear is better then blues and some basic 50 lvl gear...
but dont forget that this (still) is pvp gearm, it's mostly worse (stat wise) than even basic gear from HM's (for pure tank/pure healer/pure dps etc.) , and If Ur a raider and Ur in a raiding guild You wont have troubles farming those couple HM FP's every day,

So basicly Ull gear up way faster doing HM's then farming pvp...And if Youre really unlucky with Youre champ bags it can take awhile to farm whole set.

Its still worth it doing daily/weekly Ilum for free bags (its going to be changes soonish, so better be fast)

nDjiin
01.12.2012 , 06:58 AM | #5
Apart from the special PvE items (that you buy with tokens / crystals from HM's) PvP gear is far superior to the Blue and even Purple 'standard' level 50 stuff.

When myself and 3 of my clan members first got to lvl 50 we had a hard time doing HM BT (we had all had the best craft able gear we had the schematics for) - yesterday we did it again (wearing pvp gear) and we just flew through it without stopping or dieing once. The difference was remarkable to say the least.