Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sudden FPS drops (post beta)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sudden FPS drops (post beta)

Azzatu
12.13.2011 , 08:25 AM | #1
I played during the beta weekend with absolutely no issues on Medium settings.

Currently using

i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
GeForce 8800GTS 512mb (don't tell me its old, I already know)
8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
2x 500GB 7200rpm HDD's in Stripe Array

Now I've played for about two hours now and there are some indoor areas where the framerate drops less than 10. Anyone else had this performance drop?

The GPU is letting me down, but that's the next upgrade. However, during the beta weekend I had no such issues. I've updated my drivers since.

Driver Version: 285.79

SkyNett
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #2
It's a game issue probably. I ran fine in the beta, but in the Jedi temple it lagged so badly it was unplayable.

They fixed it in a couple of hours and it was fine. Expect issues - it's an MMO launch, right?

Azzatu
12.13.2011 , 08:31 AM | #3
True Just wanted to check if anyone else was having the issue incase I had to fix it myself.

Edit: I'm going to downgrade to the non-beta drivers and test it.

SkyNett
12.13.2011 , 08:34 AM | #4
Lol....Dunno - I can't play yet. I won't get in for a few days probably - redeemed my code in early october.

I swapped out my crummy Radeon HD 4350 that I was running in beta for a Radeon 6850. Looking forward to running the game with that! : )

ValeSunrunner
12.13.2011 , 08:37 AM | #5
There was no AA in Beta, now AA is enabled there will be frame rate drop
⌠⌡∏ŀ∏∏⋉۞⋊∐░)

HeavensHell
12.13.2011 , 08:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ValeSunrunner View Post
There was no AA in Beta, now AA is enabled there will be frame rate drop
Don't know where you got your information from but AA is still not enable and you have to force it on through your graphic control panel. AA won't be in until after official launch after the 20th.

A_Dubbs
12.13.2011 , 08:44 AM | #7
I'm also having FPS problems, namely indoors (Jedi Temple, BH hanger) that I didn't have during the Thanksgiving open beta.

A_Dubbs
12.13.2011 , 09:02 AM | #8
Getting between 3 and 5 fps in the temple.

SkyNett
12.13.2011 , 09:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by A_Dubbs View Post
Getting between 3 and 5 fps in the temple.
As I said I had terrible, unplayable lag in the first couple hours in the beta only in the Jedi Temple - was unplayable.

Then it was fine - most likely an in game issue since I had the same problem in the same place. Gotta expect some bugs and problems in the initial couple of days unfortunately.

Rizdach
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #10
I was getting similar issues when I tried before work this morning.

i7-2670QM
8GB DDR3
2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics

I put all graphics settings at the minimum levels.

In open areas, I was getting 30-35 FPS, which was tolerable, but as soon as a mob or player showed up nearby, dropped to 15-20 FPS.

Then, if I went inside to any kind of cantina area, dropped even further to <10 FPS.

I'm not running a top of the line gaming rig, but would have expected a little bit better performance than this. Hopefully its just a hiccup with the early access and they can fix it.