Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

SithZigg
01.12.2012 , 12:28 AM | #11
I have to respectfully disagree, both are good stories; the difference is how they start. In the SW story, everybody is kissing your arse from day one, because you are so super duper, and from there is goes into your standard anime-esque nemesis story line...

You: I'm going to be the best SW ever!
Nemesis: No you are not, I am!
You: Grrrrrrrrrrr, we must fight!
Nemesis: So be it!

The SI is different, and that is what makes it more interesting. Unlike the SW, who gets all the fan fare and arse kissing, the SI is treated like trash, with no expectations for success. The Overseer in charge has open contempt for you, and is constantly putting you on suicide missions, hoping you will die along the way; every time you come back successful, it makes him angrier, and more determined to kill you. Eventually you find out that you are not a nobody, and that you have a destiny to restore what rightfully belongs to you. And just when you think you have finally achieved something, you are betrayed by you master, and have to defend yourself.

To get to the same level of respect the SW starts off with, a SI has to be more aggressive, and plays things a little loose when it comes to rules and traditions, and this is frowned upon by Zash's superiors; who you encounter along the way (Darth Scortia), and tell you to back off, or face the consequences. Of course you do not, and the consequences of your actions catches up with you, in the form of Darth Thanaton. You, and Darth Zash were/are making waves, and Thanaton hates that; and so to restore order back to the Sith, you must die. To prevent this, you learn a way to get more power, to stop Thanaton.

SI story line is one of an underdog who fights against the odds. You start off as a nobody, and reach impressive heights; you are a social outcast, with a steep hill to climb to gain the respect of your fellow Sith, and even then there are those that oppose you because of your slave heritage. Thanaton is a continuation of Scortia, the established Sith order, which does not like the presence of low brow trash ascending the Sith ranks.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!

Revan-the-knight
01.12.2012 , 12:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JawaJedi View Post
SI=becomes second to One in Empire, major power player
SW=becomes someones *****, no real power
SW=More Powerful at the end???

Now, I haven't played through either story all the way through, but I do remember during the beta SW was too dull to get past Korriban.
SI has been interesting in comparison.
I personally don't like these "do something incredible/become god" type of arguements...I feel like that's what spawns Revan fanboys....
But to each their own. Who knows, maybe SI goes downhill and SW goes uphill. I didn't read the spoiler tag, for obvious reasons.
you dont know what happened to Revan, besides that link he had( has?) with the Emperor maybe gave him some of The Emperors powers too, Godhood achieved?
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

tausra
01.12.2012 , 12:33 AM | #13
So you get to become a ghostbuster to beat him.
"Sith, children of Sith, warriors everywhere, I declare a new Empire, open to all who long for conquest, freedom from inhibition and the right to follow their passions." -Emperor Malgus

JackWinchester
01.12.2012 , 01:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SithZigg View Post
I have to respectfully disagree, both are good stories; the difference is how they start. In the SW story, everybody is kissing your arse from day one, because you are so super duper, and from there is goes into your standard anime-esque nemesis story line...

You: I'm going to be the best SW ever!
Nemesis: No you are not, I am!
You: Grrrrrrrrrrr, we must fight!
Nemesis: So be it!

The SI is different, and that is what makes it more interesting. Unlike the SW, who gets all the fan fare and arse kissing, the SI is treated like trash, with no expectations for success. The Overseer in charge has open contempt for you, and is constantly putting you on suicide missions, hoping you will die along the way; every time you come back successful, it makes him angrier, and more determined to kill you. Eventually you find out that you are not a nobody, and that you have a destiny to restore what rightfully belongs to you. And just when you think you have finally achieved something, you are betrayed by you master, and have to defend yourself.

To get to the same level of respect the SW starts off with, a SI has to be more aggressive, and plays things a little loose when it comes to rules and traditions, and this is frowned upon by Zash's superiors; who you encounter along the way (Darth Scortia), and tell you to back off, or face the consequences. Of course you do not, and the consequences of your actions catches up with you, in the form of Darth Thanaton. You, and Darth Zash were/are making waves, and Thanaton hates that; and so to restore order back to the Sith, you must die. To prevent this, you learn a way to get more power, to stop Thanaton.

SI story line is one of an underdog who fights against the odds. You start off as a nobody, and reach impressive heights; you are a social outcast, with a steep hill to climb to gain the respect of your fellow Sith, and even then there are those that oppose you because of your slave heritage. Thanaton is a continuation of Scortia, the established Sith order, which does not like the presence of low brow trash ascending the Sith ranks.
I have only played the SI story line, and I gotta say, even your explanation of it bores me to tears. It's completely unacceptable that I didn't kill Thanaton the 2nd time, I'm sorry.

Ever since that part of the story I've had ZERO motivation to play my sorceror because he's supposed to be this powerful force wielder, but he can't even kill Thanaton while he's cracked out on ghost juice?

Atnas
01.12.2012 , 05:40 AM | #15
The funny thing is I was playing on my Consular and it was exactly the same. Jesus christ is it dull!

To me, the Imperial Agent storyline is awesome, and I feel sorry for anyone picking a class with a sub-par class story.

MustrumRidcully
01.12.2012 , 06:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SithZigg View Post
The part with the overseer is defintiely awesome. The story starts great. There is a reason you want to succeed, just to show this guy that you can and that he has no clue.

But afterwards, the story seems to drift.
Spoiler

Corvane
01.12.2012 , 06:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The part with the overseer is defintiely awesome. The story starts great. There is a reason you want to succeed, just to show this guy that you can and that he has no clue.

But afterwards, the story seems to drift.
[sblock]Zash's betrayal. Thanatos. The Cult that leads nowhere, basically (i was hoping one of the follow-up mails would create a new quest).
Zash's betrayal also was a little too... predictable, with or without the foreshadowing. It should have come from an unexpected direction.
I also expected the storyline with my third companion to involve a little more... corrupting. She's still a light-sided Jedi and there's no way to change that?
[/sblock]
Just to make a point, that cult does come into play again when you get to either belsavis or voss. Can't remember which.

grania
01.12.2012 , 06:43 AM | #18
Quote:
The funny thing is I was playing on my Consular and it was exactly the same. Jesus christ is it dull!
I've chosen to play my consular alt dark, hopefully it will spice it up a little. Even if it borks the romance with my nice guy companion. I just can't get through it otherwise, I fall asleep every so often..

My favorite classes, gameplay-wise are the sorcerer and the sage. But the inq companions bore me and the consular story bores me. I hope no offense is taken by Bioware, there are stories and companions and class mechanics that I really do love, I just wish I could squish them all together, haha.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

XXThrashteraXX
01.12.2012 , 06:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
I agree I took the SI to level 50 I only got to level 50 since I like the gameplay so much but storywise I did not feel like darth sidious as bioware said when they hyped up the class. The SI story starts falling flat on its face HARD when you leave korriban. Right now I have a level 34 sith warrior and in the sith warrior story I felt like Darth sidious AND Darth vader as a SW. The SW can lie manipulate try and gain more power behind your master's back and all that other stuff in the SI story its the npc's coming up with all the schemes and manipulations and then its the SI going THATS A GREAT IDEA LETS DO THAT!. The only time I felt like a manipulator was on taris when dealing with ashara and then the story does a cop out and does not even give us the OPTION to make her fall to the dark side like the SW can do with their companion.

Hell the sith warrior can lie, cheat, manipulate and they corrupt force users left right and center the sith warrior was doing everything i expected in the SI story. I heard a rumor that the person who wrote the SI story left bioware to finish college if this is true lets just hope the new writer is better. >_> I even have to say that the BH story is better than the SI one.
^ This I rolled a SI after a sith warrior and the part about aszhrya not being able to be converted to the dark side is just Bull. Listen I love the gameplay but in bioware rpgs I do mainly play for the story.

Karkais
01.12.2012 , 07:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Corvane View Post
Just to make a point, that cult does come into play again when you get to either belsavis or voss. Can't remember which.
For a grand total of two missions iirc, not counting traveling there.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette