Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS was okay until I got to Balmorra

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FPS was okay until I got to Balmorra
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

awesomologist
01.03.2012 , 05:29 PM | #1
I haven't had much time to play over the holidays, but I did get some time in with a few characters and I was also able to beta test for 2 weekends. I had very few issues with starting planets, fleets, the first flashpoints, and the second worlds (Croissant and Dromund Kaas). However as soon as I got my Sith Marauder to Balmorra the game came to a screeching halt. My FPS hovers around around 1-7 unless I stand still and watch areas where no one else is running around, then it jumps between 19-30FPS. However the slightest tap to turn my PC immediately drops performance back to 1-7FPS.
I know I'm playing on an old machine with minimum setting but what happened? I've turned everything to low, shadows and depth off, grass and trees set to 0% and still I can't play the game.
I don't understand why performance on this planet has brought me down to a dead crawl. Is the zone too big? On Dromund Kaas I'd often be playing with with well over 150 people at the same time. Balmorra is showing just over 100 but if one other play runs across my screen I have enough time to go get a cup of coffee before I can resume play. This really sucks.

awesomologist
01.03.2012 , 06:12 PM | #2
Just to update: I was able to make a new character, turn on Shadows and convo depth, as well as put grass and trees on 50% each. Played the smuggler for 45 mins and never got below 20FPS. Problem only starts if I go to Balmorra.

awesomologist
01.10.2012 , 10:55 PM | #3
Just leveled a bounty hunter up to 19. Left DK, even did some space missions. As soon as i get to balmorra the game just stutters and my frame rate averages about 3.

That's single digit 3.

THREE.

What's wrong with this game?

iDeadd
01.10.2012 , 10:59 PM | #4
I have the Same, issue, while on my Ship im getting 70+fps, on Balmorra its bouncing from 1-12... there is some issue here, i dont have any problems on DK.. and ofcourse IF is just a FPS deadzone, so never go there..
۝˘╬╬╬╬▌▌{}▌▌{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)Deadd - vVv Gaming

awesomologist
01.10.2012 , 11:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by iDeadd View Post
I have the Same, issue, while on my Ship im getting 70+fps, on Balmorra its bouncing from 1-12... there is some issue here, i dont have any problems on DK.. and ofcourse IF is just a FPS deadzone, so never go there..
If I wait a minute on the fleet I have no troubles beyond a bit of stutter from time to time. It'll drop low but won't come to a crawl.

I'm trying to start my class quest on Balmora. It's telling me my FPS is 0.0 and I've been waiting about 2 minutes now for my conversation choice to kick in. That's how unplayable this game is for me right now once I get to Balmorra.

awesomologist
01.11.2012 , 09:23 PM | #6
So last night I had to force SWTOR to quit so that I could get out of my conversation with the first class quest giver on Balmorra with my Bounty Hunter (some guy with a cathar girl). Everyone stuttered when they spoke kind of like Max Headroom.

Took me 10 minutes to get from there back to my ship, which if you know Balmorra isn't very far. I decided to go to Nar Shadda and try my luck there. Still no dice. The game just slows down to a crawl. I don't know what it's trying to render or load in the background but Hutta, Korriban, Ord Mantel, Drommund Kaas, and Croissant don't give me nearly the same issue as simply leaving my hangar does on Balmorra or Nar Shadda.

Since none of the patch 1.1 notes mention anything about improving the quality of game play I guess it's time to cancel my subscription.

Bioware, you really need to note that the minimum setting to play your game are far higher than listed. Pity too, I was actually having fun until I got to Balmorra. Best of luck everyone.

Cerimon
01.11.2012 , 09:58 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings awesomologist and iDeadd,

Please see this post letting you know that this issue is a very high priority and is continuing to be worked on.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support