Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

Esbia
01.11.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1
I rolled my main as a Sith Assassin and so had to endure the Sith inquisitor story. Since I am not one for making alts I decided to watch the Sith Warrior story in its entirety on Youtube. Before I saw the Sith Warrior story arc I was underwhelmed by the Inquisitor arc, but not too bothered. After having seen the Sith Warrior arc, I must say I am very disappointed to put it mildly. The Warrior story completely obliterates the Inquisitor story by light years. How can there be such disparity in narrative in the same game? It feels like Bioware's A team wrote the Warrior arc while the interns wrote the Inquisitor story.

Let me basically summarize the essential differences.

Spoiler

In conclusion, Sith Inquisitor story really sucks compared to Sith Warrior story. Of course there will be devout Inquisitor's who will come on here and claim otherwise, but trust me if you play any other class watch both these stories and you'll get what I mean. Oh well, I guess I'm going back to my *********** nooby council member character who has done nothing to change the galaxy. Not like my Guildmate who is now Wrath of the Emperor and killed the Voice of the Emperor and now can do what the **** he wants in the galaxy.

IronFirewind
01.11.2012 , 08:30 PM | #2
Clearly you haven't rolled a Jedi Consular or Trooper
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

lokdron
01.11.2012 , 08:36 PM | #3
I agree I took the SI to level 50 I only got to level 50 since I like the gameplay so much but storywise I did not feel like darth sidious as bioware said when they hyped up the class. The SI story starts falling flat on its face HARD when you leave korriban. Right now I have a level 34 sith warrior and in the sith warrior story I felt like Darth sidious AND Darth vader as a SW. The SW can lie manipulate try and gain more power behind your master's back and all that other stuff in the SI story its the npc's coming up with all the schemes and manipulations and then its the SI going THATS A GREAT IDEA LETS DO THAT!. The only time I felt like a manipulator was on taris when dealing with ashara and then the story does a cop out and does not even give us the OPTION to make her fall to the dark side like the SW can do with their companion.

Hell the sith warrior can lie, cheat, manipulate and they corrupt force users left right and center the sith warrior was doing everything i expected in the SI story. I heard a rumor that the person who wrote the SI story left bioware to finish college if this is true lets just hope the new writer is better. >_> I even have to say that the BH story is better than the SI one.

DarkestDaemon
01.11.2012 , 08:50 PM | #4
I have to say, after playing the SW to level 50.

Everything in the OP's spoiler about the class is *********** right.

WhoDaresWins
01.11.2012 , 09:02 PM | #5
The two 'Force focused' classes always felt like the runners up on both factions. The Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior seem to be BioWare's little pet projects story wise, where you rise up to become a Jedi Master/Jedi General who eventually 'kills' The Emperor and essentially the Emperor's right hand man who can do as he pleases because he's just that awesome.

The Consular and Inquisitor feel like they're the "pansies in robes" who play second fiddle to the tough, strong, well built Knights/Warriors in their shining armour and slay the dragon. I reckon since BioWare figured both these two would prove to be the most popular of the classes the most effort went in to making their respective stories feel 'epic'.
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

DarkestDaemon
01.11.2012 , 09:06 PM | #6
To be fair, the Warrior and Knight are the iconic figures for both sides.

JawaJedi
01.11.2012 , 09:45 PM | #7
SI=becomes second to One in Empire, major power player
SW=becomes someones *****, no real power
SW=More Powerful at the end???

Now, I haven't played through either story all the way through, but I do remember during the beta SW was too dull to get past Korriban.
SI has been interesting in comparison.
I personally don't like these "do something incredible/become god" type of arguements...I feel like that's what spawns Revan fanboys....
But to each their own. Who knows, maybe SI goes downhill and SW goes uphill. I didn't read the spoiler tag, for obvious reasons.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

tausra
01.11.2012 , 10:45 PM | #8
I played all the way through chapter one as an SI.. and then I became a ghostbuster. I mean what happened to tracking down dark sources of power and ancient artifacts? Nope, my character became Eagon Spengler complete with proton pack. The OP has a point about the "scheming" of an Inquisitor, there is none. Everyone else tells you the plan and you get to follow their orders like a good little pet. I'm rolling a Warrior now, so we'll see how that goes.
"Sith, children of Sith, warriors everywhere, I declare a new Empire, open to all who long for conquest, freedom from inhibition and the right to follow their passions." -Emperor Malgus

Horatio
01.11.2012 , 11:24 PM | #9
I must also agree with you. The Sith Inquisitor story is excruciatingly poor after the end of Chapter 1.

Spoiler

I'm almost certain that what we are playing is NOT the original story line. For a start, it doesn't make sense, there's no characterisation and no sense of build-up - as there is in some of the other stories. Also, in one of the Beta builds...
Spoiler

lokdron
01.11.2012 , 11:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
I must also agree with you. The Sith Inquisitor story is excruciatingly poor after the end of Chapter 1.

Spoiler

I'm almost certain that what we are playing is NOT the original story line. For a start, it doesn't make sense, there's no characterisation and no sense of build-up - as there is in some of the other stories. Also, in one of the Beta builds...
Spoiler
Wait what really? I wonder who even wrote the SI story i watch the SI class video and the and I shake my head the SI is nothing like how bioware described story wise. I personally think the story starts falling flat on its face at the end of korriban and darth baras SW master would of been a great master for the SI. Plus it was getting annoying how many times they slap you in the face that someone is going to betray you and when it finally happend it was not even a suprise.