Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the tedium of fighting high level silvers is killing this game for me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the tedium of fighting high level silvers is killing this game for me.

Gorgewall
01.11.2012 , 08:40 PM | #11
The game is intended to get more difficult in the later levels. That said, it's still not impossible to solo. You have tons of soft CC (seconds-long stuns and other disable, not the minute-long stuff available to other classes) as a Guardian, and both they and Vanguards should be resilient enough to handle anything.

Definitely use your healing companion. "Oh, but the fight is so slow!" Well, you are fighting 2-5 guys at once, and it's infinitely slower when you're dead.

UjellyTrollicus
01.11.2012 , 08:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.
did i say they were too hard? no, i said they were tedious.

people need to learn that time consuming =\= difficult.

BunnyMage
01.11.2012 , 08:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by UjellyTrollicus View Post
did i say they were too hard? no, i said they were tedious.

people need to learn that time consuming =\= difficult.
You're complaining that something takes effort to accomplish. The fact that you don't understand how fundamentally ridiculous this is shows that you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

-Toxe-
01.11.2012 , 08:44 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by UjellyTrollicus View Post
i love this game, but i am absolutely astonished at how notfun silvers are at higher levels. they take just far too long to kill, scale up way higher than players do. a level 30 strong enemy is nothing compared to a lv 45 strong enemy. in most cases 2 of them together is absolutely lethal, and they basically force me to use my healing companion, thus lowering total damage, and lengthening fights, which only makes them more boring.
How dare they make a tiny part of the game a little more challenging? This is an outrage!

Thaonnor
01.11.2012 , 08:45 PM | #15
I agree. I especially dislike the flashpoint bosses. Most of them are tank and spank and have a lot of health with no special abilities... making it pretty much a 3 minute face roll fight. The solo silvers/golds are like this too. Most of them are not hard, just boring to fight because they take SOOOO long, even as a DPS spec.

Crendel
01.11.2012 , 08:47 PM | #16
Some people also need to learn that MMO = timesink. Did you ever wonder why all the quest objectives arent right next to the quest giver?

Oh, how about the fact that you cannot 1 shot all the mobs. Change up your tactics and stop trying to faceroll imo.

UjellyTrollicus
01.11.2012 , 08:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
You're complaining that something takes effort to accomplish. The fact that you don't understand how fundamentally ridiculous this is shows that you shouldn't be playing an MMO.
it takes a lot of TIME, but not a great deal of effort, and that is exactly why it is so tedious, you spend a whole lot of time doing a whole lot of nothing just so you can do it again at the next silver.

once again time consuming =/= difficult.

Kakarris
01.11.2012 , 08:50 PM | #18
I'm a Marauder, I'm open to suggestions about what CC I can use against a pack with 2 silvers.

Clue: I don't have any.

NoiseTankXIII
01.11.2012 , 08:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakarris View Post
I'm a Marauder, I'm open to suggestions about what CC I can use against a pack with 2 silvers.

Clue: I don't have any.
I am also a Marauder.

I sure loved beating a Gold in my class quest three times in a row, and having to wait for all my cooldowns to reset (20min an attempt) in order to complete it.

Chimeran
01.11.2012 , 08:55 PM | #20
To the OP.
Gear and skill rotation.
Learning to play the build you have is the key to success.
Your complaining about a Vanguard etc.. try a Shadow.

A shadow sucks until level 32, and it comes down to one skill " Spinning Strike "
I pulled my hair out over that stupid class but now have learned to love it.

Just stick at it.

Use your 1 minute stun etc on one mob, then burn the other down without using area of effect.

2 silver mobs is the same as an elite. So yeah, 2 of those + some trash and it is a tough fight.

Some of the enemy skills totally **** me in seconds, those darn fire droids, or the supressive fire ones, I am so dead if I don't crowd control quickly.
50 Trooper 50 Sorc 36 Bounty Hunter 38 Shadow
43 Sniper 27 Smuggler 30 Sith Jedi Guardian