Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the tedium of fighting high level silvers is killing this game for me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the tedium of fighting high level silvers is killing this game for me.

UjellyTrollicus
01.11.2012 , 08:02 PM | #1
i love this game, but i am absolutely astonished at how notfun silvers are at higher levels. they take just far too long to kill, scale up way higher than players do. a level 30 strong enemy is nothing compared to a lv 45 strong enemy. in most cases 2 of them together is absolutely lethal, and they basically force me to use my healing companion, thus lowering total damage, and lengthening fights, which only makes them more boring.

they are so anti-fun that i find myself just leveling alts constantly. i log on ready to play this awesome game, ready to do some missions, and experience the story, then after a few silvers all the fun gets completely sucked away, and i feel like doing something else.

Fardreamer
01.11.2012 , 08:03 PM | #2
Are you DPS or Tank? Your answer will either validate or disprove your claims.
"In the end, cowards are those who follow the darkside."
-Yoda

Bollah
01.11.2012 , 08:05 PM | #3
Are you upgrading your gear? I had the same issue till I upgraded my gear.

Also, use a healing companion if possible.

UjellyTrollicus
01.11.2012 , 08:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bollah View Post
Are you upgrading your gear? I had the same issue till I upgraded my gear.

Also, use a healing companion if possible.
i upgrade whenever they are available, its all mission gear, and and commendation if they have some that is useful to me, and i do use my healer, as i said, im basically stuck using the healer because anything else is likely to get me killed/has tons of down time because you will both be low after fights.

Bollah
01.11.2012 , 08:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by UjellyTrollicus View Post
i upgrade whenever they are available, its all mission gear, and and commendation if they have some that is useful to me, and i do use my healer, as i said, im basically stuck using the healer because anything else is likely to get me killed/has tons of down time because you will both be low after fights.
What advanced class are you?

Foxtrotmikelima
01.11.2012 , 08:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardreamer View Post
Are you DPS or Tank? Your answer will either validate or disprove your claims.
Even as DPS Ive seen this in certian instances. Going up against two strongs and two trash mobs I found myself overwhelmed. While I understand theres a need for it to be a challenge to a Tank with the same storyline. I didnt choose DPS to fall flat on my face every couple of fights due to finding myself in situations (which I cant help) that involve tanking.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi

UjellyTrollicus
01.11.2012 , 08:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bollah View Post
What advanced class are you?
i have 2 at that level (mid-high 40's) a vanguard, and a guardian. i've used many different specs on each of them.

trinthalas
01.11.2012 , 08:33 PM | #8
Are you using any CC abilities available to you to keep one of the silvers out of the fight? I play a sage healer, and use my tank pet. I turn off his AoE abilities so he won't break my CC and Force Lift one silver while I take down the other. Usually works, but I do feel your pain, the silvers do NOT scale linearly with character levels, they seem to get a huge boost in the 40's...

It seems like an attempt to force you to use CC, which makes what should be trash fights much more tedious. It kind of takes away from the feel of your hero character as well... I should be getting progressively more powerful, not feel progressively weaker. A jedi master with a 'friend' shouldn't feel hard pressed to defeat two Imperial Officers

BunnyMage
01.11.2012 , 08:35 PM | #9
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.

Snowred
01.11.2012 , 08:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.
That's about it.... How easy does everything have to be I wonder....