Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun

and how is battletags going to fix server communities? The servers will still be dead, and if someone doesn't pay the extra fee that is latched on to battlenet to play with friends that is meaningless anyways.

Even if they implement this feature for free (which they already charge a monthly additional fee to use real tags to do this) All this is doing is alienating the servers them even more. As

I posted before I formed a small group of people in this game (some from the past game) and never have problems getting a group together to do a flashpoint. It is not hard to form a guild and have reliable people to run with.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and how is battletags going to fix server communities? The servers will still be dead, and if someone doesn't pay the extra fee that is latched on to battlenet to play with friends that is meaningless anyways.

Even if they implement this feature for free (which they already charge a monthly additional fee to use real tags to do this) All this is doing is alienating the servers them even more. As

I posted before I formed a small group of people in this game (some from the past game) and never have problems getting a group together to do a flashpoint. It is not hard to form a guild and have reliable people to run with.

erm the real id thing is free even to group with other people, and the cross server raid thing will be free too. i dont know where you are getting this extra fee crap from but its entirely untrue.

And having a guild builds a server community. Doing runs with just your guild isnt a community and is no different than using the LFD.

Honestly a server only LFG I think alot of people would welcome with open arms

xserver bad idea

You see all the bs on these forums about ninjas, looting for companions etc, when you deal on a server side people are going to be a little more wary about the choices they make in a group especially with guilded people

In xserver any jerk can just grab everything and not care cause he has little chance to see those people again

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell

Problems is there are so many people who play that are jerks and dont care about the group or the success

Never understimate the power of a server community. People can get blacklisted very quickly on a server but not across 200

Blacklisting a player on a server simply doesn't work, and never has.

It would be terrible if it did work. Can you imagine the number of people carrying out petty little vendettas by lying about another player?

Jerks were all over these games long long before LFG/LFD tools, and there was never any way to avoid them. With the tools you can at least make the choice to leave a group they're in because you're confident you'll get a group again relatively soon. As opposed to how it REALLY was back in the "good ol' days", and how it is in SWTOR currently. The game becoming more and more of a miserable experience from slogging through instances with complete and utter tools just because you desperately want to finally complete the run.

look at this folks, perfect example of a wow baby spoon fed with LFD LFR while he waits for queue afking in ORG or SW.

No , sorry but we won't let people like you ruin this game too

Ok there Mr. Namecaller. You be the first one on these forums to actually be able to explain how countless people standing around and spamming LFG messages builds a fricken community.

You can't. You know why you can't? Because it's a completely stupid idea.

You're saying YOU are a community minded player? Obviously that's the biggest crock that's been posted on these forums today.

Edited by Umbral

TOR doesn't need a system right now but it probably will eventually.

Also, does anyone really sit around SW/Org while in the dungeon finder? I'm always out doing dailies or *shudder* archaeology. The only time I sit in the city is when I'm waiting on real-life friends. :p

So just what are you saying? The hundreds and hundreds of people that have been posting about this issue since release have all been lying? Maybe if the community team around here wasn't either blind, or completely biased, they would actually be truthful and impart the importance of getting a LFG/LFD tool in place to the powers that be. Instead of apparently only passing on viewpoint of a handful against it.

• Dev Post

Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.

We've known we would need to revisit this feature for a while. In the level-up game, finding players isn't too rough because, with few exceptions, everyone in that level band is either on your planet or on the fleet. Once more and more players hit endgame, and are spending their time in more places, the need for this feature is going to increase. Note that right now, high level players have the opposite problem - there aren't enough other players up there to group with. This problem will dissipate as the game ages, and more players reach the later levels.

That being said, our design team doesn't philosophically believe that cross-server Flashpoints are good for the game at this stage in the game's lifespan. There is huge social pressure to not be a jerk that goes away when the odds that you will never see these people again is high. I'm not saying never - there may come a time in the future where we reevaluate this - but at least in the short term, we believe this will cause more damage to the community than good.

It really is getting worse now that the bulk of the release day people are getting nearer to max. It's mind boggling they haven't announced that they'll be adding a LFD tool as soon as they can already. Jan. 20th is looming. It's like BW is holding a gun to their own head and looking at everyone with crazy eye yelling "I'll do it! I'm crazy enough to do it! See I didn't put it in at release! See how nuts I am!"

Frankly, after having watched these forums from day one, it is really shouldn't be a surprise for me. BW has been fooled all along by the "community" that hung around here. The most vocal and bullying were these anti-progress types, and it would appear that BW never actually did their due diligence to see if that bunch actually represented the players that would come to play their game. Or it might be that a biased CM team didn't "want" to. Now we have a game where how we play it is getting dictated by a comparative handful occupying a small number of "specialty servers".

Liked the analogy

I've been spending most of my time playing Dark Souls, while our group leader spams tells and gen chat.

You really think I'm going to spend money a month for this ****? I'm more furious that they did not have this crap day one. The whole excuse they gave is a bunch of crap.

For making me even go through this **** again, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I've been spending most of my time playing Dark Souls, while our group leader spams tells and gen chat.

You really think I'm going to spend money a month for this ****? I'm more furious that they did not have this crap day one. The whole excuse they gave is a bunch of crap.

For making me even go through this **** again, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I've been alt tabbing and reading various sites and such. Ya I certainly see why so many are just giving up.

I never do flashpoints any more. This game needs a LFG tool badly. I type LFG Tank Red Reaper into chat and nothing....
It does get much worse as the runs get tougher. Less people want to pug them. BW should have known that and planned for it in my opinion.

I never do flashpoints any more. This game needs a LFG tool badly. I type LFG Tank Red Reaper into chat and nothing....

Maybe it's cause no one wants to do the six ****** dropship flashpoints. I see tons of parties getting formed for Jedi Prisoner cause it's actually relevant to a story arc. The main draw of this game is story, why would I bother with content that is completely disconnected from the rest of the plot? People go through the first three flashpoints and are disappointed that they weren't nearly up to quality of Esseles/Black Talon.

Edited by RocNessMonster

It really is getting worse now that the bulk of the release day people are getting nearer to max. It's mind boggling they haven't announced that they'll be adding a LFD tool as soon as they can already. Jan. 20th is looming. It's like BW is holding a gun to their own head and looking at everyone with crazy eye yelling "I'll do it! I'm crazy enough to do it! See I didn't put it in at release! See how nuts I am!"

Frankly, after having watched these forums from day one, it is really shouldn't be a surprise for me. BW has been fooled all along by the "community" that hung around here. The most vocal and bullying were these anti-progress types, and it would appear that BW never actually did their due diligence to see if that bunch actually represented the players that would come to play their game. Or it might be that a biased CM team didn't "want" to. Now we have a game where how we play it is getting dictated by a comparative handful occupying a small number of "specialty servers".

Amazing post. I couldn't agree with it more even if I wanted to! 5 nights in a row now trying to find a Foundry group on the Zaalbar server. I'm beyond frustrated.

Edited by noelrock

please remove that annyoing autoparty finding and insta teleporting button next to the minimap. it's destroying all sense of community by only having to click a button to be able to pvp.

i just cannot understand the resistance to put a dungeon finder into the game by bioware....i'm playing on a pve server, so tell me why i do have a pvp finder, but not a pve finder?

Found this post on the "other" mmos server about Dungeon finder

This is why people want an LFG server tool, not a copied WoW LFD.

Both are convenient, both help form groups fast, the only difference between the two is a WoW clone LFD removes all accountability from the group, empowering ninja looters, greifers, afkers leechers

You can pick these greifers out easily in these threads, when they attack and trash anything server only or LFG tools, and demand a WoW clone LFD.

This is why people want an LFG server tool, not a copied WoW LFD.

Both are convenient, both help form groups fast, the only difference between the two is a WoW clone LFD removes all accountability from the group, empowering ninja looters, greifers, afkers leechers

You can pick these greifers out easily in these threads, when they attack and trash anything server only or LFG tools, and demand a WoW clone LFD.

I have to agree with this somewhat, I don't think it is fair to say everyone single person who wants the wow LFD is wanting it for these reasons, I completely understand the ease of just logging on and queueing up for a dungeon. But that's exactly what I don't want to do. I still really think a same server LFG tool that has to be manually used without teleporting will be best.

Side note, the day I can do group quests and search for data crons with someone from a different server is the same day I will support cross server flashpoints. Without being able to actually encounter these people outside of the Flashpoint I have no desire to encounter them within it. Maybe a way for the to just hop servers when there are people willing to group with them, kinda like the multiple instanced planets currently in place, just bigger. Otherwise no, I don't really want cross server.

I find it quite funny the amount of people in this thread saying things like "This is one of the reasons I uninstalled" or "if they don't implement it, I'm cancelling".

Bye then.

To uninstall this game because of this is stunning. So is threatening to do so.

Now, im only a mere level 17. So I don't have the advantage of seeing what's to come in later levels. But, if people are just going around in circles with their speeder because there is nothing else to do, then something is seriously wrong.

It took years for WoW to implement the LFG system. I found it took some of the fun out of it. True you got in groups quick, but there was the good parts of travelling to the instance, making friends. In WoW you just got a bunch of randoms. And many times people would join, need a rare drop and vanish.

IF this system is coming online, make it server only. If people don't like that, they can uninstall with gusto, and the online community and the game will be all the better for it.

That being said, our design team doesn't philosophically believe that cross-server Flashpoints are good for the game at this stage in the game's lifespan. There is huge social pressure to not be a jerk that goes away when the odds that you will never see these people again is high. I'm not saying never - there may come a time in the future where we reevaluate this - but at least in the short term, we believe this will cause more damage to the community than good.

Just make it so we don't have to travel for 20 minutes to get to these heroics and FPs! The biggest pain in gathering a group is actually gathering the group!

Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.

We've known we would need to revisit this feature for a while. In the level-up game, finding players isn't too rough because, with few exceptions, everyone in that level band is either on your planet or on the fleet. Once more and more players hit endgame, and are spending their time in more places, the need for this feature is going to increase. Note that right now, high level players have the opposite problem - there aren't enough other players up there to group with. This problem will dissipate as the game ages, and more players reach the later levels.

Actually, there are a lot of level 50's on the server: The Fatman. Also, who says a flashpoint finder has to be cross-server?

I'm sick an tired of waiting hours and hours (12 hrs everyday) just to find a flashpoint. I even stopped playing my level 50. Having said that, I just want to play the content I will be paying for.

Edited by SithEBM

OMG do not start this lf dungeon crap nothing deteriorated social ablity more then this on wow, and nothing catered to noob jerks more then this on any mmo, if u cant get a group socially there is probably a reason, i certainly dont feel like those who just jump in and out of randoms deserve the kind of rewards those of us that put groups together ourselves get, theres penty to do solo, 2 mans are made for that learn to play with your companion and do 2 mans, but using others toc arry u, or using a lfg tool so u can just boot htose learning or tryign their hardest ic ant stand lfg after it got implemented, i thought it would be nice for solo players but it was abused to far for me to ever do a random again, if u cant socialize what are u doing on an mmo