Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Daemonjax
01.11.2012 , 05:35 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Amarinth View Post
Hmm that's a very noticeable difference on the floor there. However it's very hard to make out the finer detaills when the screenshots have been downsized like that - I'm guessing Photobucket did that automatically because they were over the size limit.

Is there any chance you could upload the full-sized screenshots somewhere else sp we could look at them more closely? I'm really interested to see what other differences there might be.
I played around with forcing a negative LOD detail, and you will get the same results as in any other game... Texture shimmering. That's all.

Those screenshots are horrible, btw. They're low resolution, and are different camera angles. There's no quality difference between them whatsoever.

VladVV
01.11.2012 , 05:36 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Zezel View Post
http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/protected/

Look familar to the game screenshots?
Is there sand on Tatooine?
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!Ξ[!(Θ)!!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Caonimah
01.11.2012 , 05:36 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by SucXeviouS View Post
So why did we have really good High rez grafik on the BETA and now we have like Kidpainted armors???
Because they disabled them so our clients wouldn't blow up in fleet with another 150 people in screen jumping around??????

Seriously, there is no way that the game is downloading these textures on the fly. The amount of data being transmitted when the servers were at their capacity would have clogged even the mightiest line. It also doesn't explain why a slow connection speed would load the game about as fast as any other computer.

e- Basically its the path of least resistance, which is easier to believe? The client has problems rendering textures and other effects such as shadows, AA, etc so they turn them off. Or they have some amazing tech involving data streaming at THIS scale just to protect some IP?

ZaruenMakai
01.11.2012 , 05:37 PM | #194
were all playing the game instead of spending 400 posts complaining about something thats not happening any time soon. Its a let down, but we wont let it bring us down.
We continue to play cuz we appreciate the game for what it is.

Amikae
01.11.2012 , 05:37 PM | #195
This is going to get out of hand if BioWare/EA don't respond in the next day or two.

nonforma
01.11.2012 , 05:37 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by RyceTOR View Post
Careful. I think the whole remore render DRM thing lives firmly in the conspiracy theory world right now. This issue is important enough not to muddy it with red hearings that can be used to distract/defuse the concern.

Besides, frankly, it doesn't matter what the cause is - it simply has to be fixed. Whatever the cause, there's no excuse for a AAA MMO in 2012 to look like this.
I think it at least makes it clear we aren't buying the 'bug' explanation. There's a reason they are holding back the existing high quality graphics and it's one they'd rather not discuss. Who ever heard of a game developer disabling already seen high-res graphics because they're too good for most PCs? It's almost a bragging right when your graphics engine is top of the range.

Exostotic
01.11.2012 , 05:37 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by septusmortis View Post
ODD how all the fanboys have SUDDENLY disappeared....! come back we liked the casual banter....

OH what BIOWARE LIED AND YOUR ANGRY TOO?

Well tough get in line.... trolls complain first... get your lawsuit papers on the left now move goddamit hut hutt hut.....
I am a fanboi, and I am mad.

I've always liked Bioware, and I've always loved starwars, but this situation is making me strongly doubt a continuation of my subscription.

I don't care what their reason is. Whether it is forced optimization, or some lousy DRM, I want this game to look as good as it can.

Honestly, I'm at a loss. I waited years for this game, but this is unacceptable.

SucXeviouS
01.11.2012 , 05:38 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Caonimah View Post
Because they disabled them so our clients wouldn't blow up in fleet with another 150 people in screen jumping around??????

Seriously, there is no way that the game is downloading these textures on the fly. The amount of data being transmitted when the servers were at their capacity would have clogged even the mightiest line. It also doesn't explain why a slow connection speed would load the game about as fast as any other computer.

i would like to see the 150 ppl in my screen, max i saw until now was 20 i think on the fleet near the AH -.-

if SWTOR cant handel this -.-

nonforma
01.11.2012 , 05:38 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Amikae View Post
This is going to get out of hand if BioWare/EA don't respond in the next day or two.
I think they need to give a better response before even then. USA prime time hasn't hit yet, and then there's EU prime time after that.

Stalzy
01.11.2012 , 05:39 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Caonimah View Post

Excuse me??? I can play current gen games at max settings at 60+ FPS (battlefield 3 for example). on 64/64 128 player server... and you're telling me this games graphics compare to a current gen game? I'm sorry.. what planet are you on?

Theres never 120+ in repub fleet at one time.

This is basically a SCREW YOU in the face to customers. So pissed.
◙◙◙◙◙◙Θ██████████████████████████████████) CE

Raizur - POT5 55 Combat Sentinel
Commander of < Backpacks >
www.twitch.tv/stalzy - For high level PVP Ranked Arena!
Free 7 days of SWTOR Click here!