Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability threat ammounts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Ability threat ammounts?

Merlz
01.11.2012 , 07:17 AM | #1
Anyone know how much threat juggernaut abilities produce? Apart from backhand i don't see any abilities that generate extra threat? I sometimez tank with group members who are several levels higher so keeping agro can be an issue. Knowing which skills produce more threat would help.

Thanks

Sivn
01.11.2012 , 07:51 AM | #2
Dont think anyone knows yet.

But as the tank stance makes your damage abilities do more threat anyway, damage = threat.

Merlz
01.11.2012 , 08:12 AM | #3
Ah ok no problem. Just wasn't sure. most other tanks i have played usually have a particular ability that is good for causing threat, like amethyst slash in daoc or sunder armor in wow. May not be one in Tor but thought i would see .

mSum
01.11.2012 , 01:33 PM | #4
Somewhere I read that sunder armor generates a lot of threat...but maybe that was someone talking out their ***.

Xitium
01.11.2012 , 01:36 PM | #5
The closest thing we have to hard numbers is
http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread...-To-The-Galaxy

Very informative if you haven't seen it yet.
Juggernaut - Main Raid Tank - Hold the Line.
"Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt. It binds the strong to the weak."

AllanGand
01.11.2012 , 04:04 PM | #6
your highest damage skills do the most amount of threat. You really have to be on point, and losing aggro is a flaw of the class. For example, while raiding, I always lose aggro at the start of the fight, and need to cycle between my taunts to keep the boss on me. After keeping the boss on me with a combo of single target taunt > aoe taunt > single target taunt I don't have trouble with threat anymore, because the initial burst a lot of the dps classes can do has leveled off.

A great way to get threat on single target is: Saber throw > jump > backhand > force scream >crushing blow > ravage.

Pop retaliation in there if it procs.