Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

worth creating pug for ops?

Toxxic
01.11.2012 , 12:19 PM | #11
We blasted through normal mods no problem, was really silly. We have yet to have the people logged on, and/or 50s with some gear to really care for hardmode versions, but how much of a step up is it? Do you at least need two tanks at that point, hah.
Imperial Affairs

Yummymango
01.11.2012 , 12:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxxic View Post
We blasted through normal mods no problem, was really silly. We have yet to have the people logged on, and/or 50s with some gear to really care for hardmode versions, but how much of a step up is it? Do you at least need two tanks at that point, hah.
To be honest with my experience, you need to worry more about dps and less about tanks in hard modes. Because thats what will stop you from killing bosses.

4/5 bosses in hardmode are actually cake and you will get them in 2-3 tries if not one shot. I pugged hard mode and we had to do 1-2 tries because we had to tweak strats to meet enrage timers. Like for first boss letting BH dps to stay out in missile barrage phase and keep on attacking boss etc. Still it didnt feel like any sort of hard mode if you ask me.

Toxxic
01.12.2012 , 12:32 PM | #13
Sounds good to me, we will probably go into nightmare in a month or so granted all the dudes except for like 5 of us that have gear go out and get gear.

But really, do you need two tanks? We have a couple of potential tanky types that have been dpsing raids. Would be good to know now to gear them accordingly. We blasted through normals so easily doesnt seem like it has a two tank fight.
Imperial Affairs

Mythicrose
01.12.2012 , 01:23 PM | #14
EV only requires one tank. Karagga's Palace (currently with one boss) doesn't even require a tank. This applies to normal, hard, and nightmare versions from what my guild has experienced. The hard and nightmare difficulties just seem to add more damage done by bosses and more health added to the boss for the most part.

Nissin
01.12.2012 , 03:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Yummymango View Post
To be honest with my experience, you need to worry more about dps and less about tanks in hard modes. Because thats what will stop you from killing bosses.

4/5 bosses in hardmode are actually cake and you will get them in 2-3 tries if not one shot. I pugged hard mode and we had to do 1-2 tries because we had to tweak strats to meet enrage timers. Like for first boss letting BH dps to stay out in missile barrage phase and keep on attacking boss etc. Still it didnt feel like any sort of hard mode if you ask me.

The whole group can stay out on missile barrage did it with BH/Sorc heals
Nissin
Something Novel