Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

worth creating pug for ops?

Cycrowave
01.11.2012 , 10:37 AM | #1
hey folks, recent 50 here who resides on a fairly quiet server. just wondering is it worth me making a pug raid for an operation or am i doomed to failure?

how is the overall difficulty, and what level of coordination is required?

trotsky_tor
01.11.2012 , 10:44 AM | #2
normal difficulty is extremely easy if people have a basic understanding of the fight. I'd compare it to WoW's new LFR difficulty, so you shouldn't have any problem pugging.

Cycrowave
01.11.2012 , 10:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by trotsky_tor View Post
normal difficulty is extremely easy if people have a basic understanding of the fight. I'd compare it to WoW's new LFR difficulty, so you shouldn't have any problem pugging.
thanks for you input. is there any dedicated sites where i can direct people for tactics?

Moodsie
01.11.2012 , 10:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by trotsky_tor View Post
Normal, atleast the first 4 bosses are easily doable in a PUG.
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Moodsie
01.11.2012 , 10:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cycrowave View Post
thanks for you input. is there any dedicated sites where i can direct people for tactics?
Sithwarrior.com has tactics for everything
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Cycrowave
01.11.2012 , 11:28 AM | #6
thanks guys wish me luck!

another teensy question. normal ops feasible without voice comms?

Gizzle
01.11.2012 , 11:33 AM | #7
No and anyone who refuses to use it at least to listen is a baddie

eightohfive
01.11.2012 , 11:34 AM | #8
Voice comms can help a lot with the last boss. With the way his abilities work and how much DPS needs to be switching targets on cue, it could be a pain without someone calling **** out.

That is, assuming, most people in the group don't know the fight. If most everyone knows the drill, then you could probably get by with out it.
<Malum Factum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | like us on facebook | learn more about us
Apply Now

Yummymango
01.11.2012 , 11:39 AM | #9
I agree to all the posts above. reg mode EV is 100% puggable and I actually did my first EV (all bosses) in a Pug.

vent/Mumble always makes life easier.
Last boss is though easy requires coordination and your tank needs to know what he is doing otherwise you wont be able to do it .

It is the mix of Lich king (mind traps, blue shiz on ground, lightening balls), Anub'arak (kiting boss to a fixed spot under the yellow thingy dropping down).

All the best

trotsky_tor
01.11.2012 , 12:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by eightohfive View Post
That is, assuming, most people in the group don't know the fight. If most everyone knows the drill, then you could probably get by with out it.
Agreed.