Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Esseles the only well put-together Flashpoint?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why is Esseles the only well put-together Flashpoint?

BawssMcgee
01.11.2012 , 04:33 AM | #21
D7, False Emperor, and Black Talon are all well done.
Level 50 Sorcerer - Helm of Garush

flowqz
01.11.2012 , 05:36 AM | #22
diologue in heroic instances are just ********. i wish there would be a button to skip the lore or they should just disable it on heroic difficulty. after the first run those storys are anoying.

kartel
01.11.2012 , 06:04 AM | #23
Honestly, there's only so much voice acting they can put in the game. Be impressed with what all they've done. They've got eight unique class stories, a unique story line for every planet, and unique story lines for flashpoints. Something's gotta give somewhere.

Also, the flashpoints higher up in levels get better. Maelstrom Prison is my personal favorite and is very nicely done with an interesting and unexpected twist.
"Investigate? You're just like the others - fodder for the Selkath. Chomp! Chomp! Chomp! - if you can run you might be fast food."

(Odtrix - 50 Guardian - Iron Citadel)

kartel
01.11.2012 , 06:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by flowqz View Post
diologue in heroic instances are just ********. i wish there would be a button to skip the lore or they should just disable it on heroic difficulty. after the first run those storys are anoying.
There is a button, it's called SPACE BAR. Of course, everyone else has to press it too.
"Investigate? You're just like the others - fodder for the Selkath. Chomp! Chomp! Chomp! - if you can run you might be fast food."

(Odtrix - 50 Guardian - Iron Citadel)

Xenogelion
01.11.2012 , 06:49 AM | #25
Another thought is it likely that Bioware will keep it up with instances like the Esseles in the future?

flowqz
01.11.2012 , 07:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by kartel View Post
There is a button, it's called SPACE BAR. Of course, everyone else has to press it too.
and still it takes to much time to space through all this talking...

amonre
01.11.2012 , 07:22 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakaan View Post
We get suckered in with a well-paced, adequately written dungeon dive with lots of unique characters and tons of dialogue that displayed all of that wonderful voice acting and characterization, only to have it followed by a dozen bland corridor-filled loot pinatas.

I first noticed the huge gap when I wanted to farm social points with a friend in a higher level FP, only to find out that there were only about 3 dialogue sessions and 2 of them were with a console opening some door. Each FP was graced by a generic FP "kill or don't kill this group of scientists, doctors, or technicians" choice for light/dark points.

Even the enemies in these FPs are boring, and require less effort and coordination than your average H2-4. The bosses typically have no personality, and I have no idea who 95% of them are.
Even better; HM equivalents award no LS/DS points or Social points (partial lie, I did get a total of 8 Social points for doing HM Esseles, but zero LS/DS points). So, literally, to get up your LS/DS Rank and Social Rank you have to keep running the level 10 instances, over and over and over and over and...

SirMoogie
01.11.2012 , 07:46 AM | #28
I agree with the sentiment of the original poster. I'm further along with my Imperial Agent than my Jedi Knight, but I lost interest in doing Flashpoints over my personal story when three flashpoints in a row offered a choice of killing or sparing non-combatants in some manner. I realize it's not easy to design a story and dialogue it with meaningful choices. However, I think I'd prefer fewer, but more epic flashpoints than a ton of them with one fairly meaningless choice. I understand that other players may be interested in running them for loot, but a very good suggestion posted earlier resolves that. Have the heroic mode (or some alternative mode) that skimps on story (and assumes certain choices as some choices determine what you end up fighting).