Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<Nox Imperius> World First 16 Man Nightmare Annihilation Droid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
<Nox Imperius> World First 16 Man Nightmare Annihilation Droid

Artacks
01.10.2012 , 02:47 PM | #261
The actual problem with all of this is that no one actually knows who killed what World First and people are going to keep fighting like children until an actual progression achievement link system comes out.

I've seen people put world first, ive seen people put world 3rd, yet upon inspection of other websites, people have screenshots timestamped well before their encounter.

If someone wants to do something for the community, make a progression site.

Emlaeh
01.10.2012 , 05:39 PM | #262
The problem is that we don't have an API to verify kills with -- all this stuff is volunteered information that we then have to confirm for WFs (which we don't mind doing, but it does take time and some level of trust from guilds submitting private vids to us).

At the same time, we do want to help people form their server raiding communities, so even though there is the whole WF debacle, any guild should be able to report their kills to a central spot. We need a volunteer or two from a server to maintain that aspect.

Actually, if anyone is seriously interested in helping sort this out and maintain it, please apply to do it on DH.
executive producer @ darthhater.com
The Sith Inquisitor is about the individual at odds with the community, and whether to ultimately embrace that community, transform it, or act in defiance of it. - Rebecca Harwick, BioWare

Hessen
01.10.2012 , 06:18 PM | #263
Finally figures out how to avoid the reticule. Thanks guys for making me think about it and work it out rather than just assuming it wasn't avoidable

4/5 on nightmare now
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

Cepheid
01.10.2012 , 06:37 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
Finally figures out how to avoid the reticule. Thanks guys for making me think about it and work it out rather than just assuming it wasn't avoidable

4/5 on nightmare now
Glad to hear confirmation it's not bugged without the trolling. Thanks Fuse and grats on your kill. Due to lack of 1.1 patch looks like everyone will have a chance to level off their progression. Nox and others with SOA kills and ourselves with an Anni kill all pre-nerf.

GL and Happy Hunting.
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Zeltak
01.10.2012 , 09:06 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
A lot of people watch Jerry Springer too, doesn't make it a good show. I've been keeping an eye on this festering ****-boil that is a thread and I'll say this much; you Nox Imperius guys need to tone your aggressive tone on the forums down.

If you want people to actually *give* you the respect and attention that you so desperately desire you need to stop lashing out at people such as them/me.

What I mean by that is: I don't care if you're world first or not. Honestly if Bioware wanted to acknowledge your "world first" achievement they would have done something similar to WoW. They didn't. And in my humble opinion, people who post things like this on a public forum are doing so because they need external gratification from anonymous people in order to validate their continued existence. This is in direct contrast to what you(your guild) stated earlier in the thread: That you do this as a competition/achievement for your guild to know they are world first.

If that's the case, if you really do it for the achievement of being world first. Knowing you are world first would be enough; however based upon the replies in this thread that doesn't seem to be the case. Every response that states something along the lines of "noone cares" is either met with a meme-based response from one of your guild members (which inherently detracts from anyone trying to view your guild in a positive manner) or is met with a snarky/derisive comment.

Take it for what it's worth: Be humble in victory, and gracious in defeat.
In the spirit of +1'ng, I apologize beforehand but I have to say it; I like this guy and there are very few I like.

Jurugar
01.10.2012 , 10:16 PM | #266
Glad to see more guilds are getting him down this week.

chamillion
01.10.2012 , 11:43 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
you Nox Imperius guys need to tone your aggressive tone on the forums down.
This was a bit one sided. Only a couple guys got "aggressive" and they were provoked in many cases. Also they have been asked to stop responding in any such manner. The problem was posted with a fix prior to you writing this, so I have to wonder why you would want to re-hash something that was just noted and addressed with a solution. I can respect your views and opinions, but calling out one guild in a sea of arguments doesn't seem validated.

________

I'd be glad to get together ND. We'll get with you guys sometime over the weekend.

Tericoco
01.11.2012 , 01:59 AM | #268
Anyone wondering about the random one shot red **** missles

http://www.torhead.com/ability/91opIPj

It works, specced it has 45 second cooldown, it also works for his aoe and makes this fight an absolute joke.

Cepheid
01.11.2012 , 02:03 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Tericoco View Post
Anyone wondering about the random one shot red **** missles

http://www.torhead.com/ability/91opIPj

It works, specced it has 45 second cooldown, it also works for his aoe and makes this fight an absolute joke.
Don't know if there's a mechanism outside of the double damage rng crit value but we just ignored it and burnt him.
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Padmay
01.11.2012 , 03:27 PM | #270
We just killed it after 2 hours of attempts !

http://i.imgur.com/DNc2o.jpg (codex)

http://i.imgur.com/qZqlg.jpg (screen)

Waiting for Soa's debugging now .
Millenium Star Wars: The Old Republic