Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of invites for healers?

IronFirewind
01.10.2012 , 02:40 PM | #1
For the past week or so I've been noticing that people rarely seem to invite healers to Flashpoint groups. Anyone else have this problem? For the last 6-7 days I have been waiting in Republic Fleet for several hours at a time to get into a party for a daily flashpoint quest. I think today broke my record with 6 hours of doing nothing but shouting for a party in the LFG channel.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

Exertim
01.10.2012 , 02:42 PM | #2
Honestly, that's more of a problem attributed to a lack of a LFD system than you being a healer.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Gertbeefrobe
01.10.2012 , 02:43 PM | #3
What level are you? I know for a fact you dont NEED a healer for the Esseles/Black Talon but past that you are going to need a healer for the boss fights.
Fight smarter not harder.

Novastinger
01.10.2012 , 02:48 PM | #4
A level 50 faction-wide chat channel would greatly improve the ability to assemble flashpoint groups, imo. Make it auto-join on hitting level 50, but allow leaving the channel if people dislike the idea for whatever reason.

IronFirewind
01.10.2012 , 02:48 PM | #5
My Smuggler is Lv35 and my Sage Lv24. On both of them I can be waiting for a very long time to be able to get a Flashpoint group for dailies.

dipstik
01.10.2012 , 03:08 PM | #6
start your own group and whisper classes u want to group with. power 30-35 fleet then msg all of them by right clicking and whisper and paste "wanna tank for boarding party?" or whatever.... find dps the same way. i did lf1m dps for BP HM and got 5 replies, but this was when fleet pop was around 140. if u are hanging out with a pop of 50-80, then u prolly wont find ppl. if no one is on the fleet i will just do a "jugg 30-35" and start messaging people. another thing that is helpful is grouping up with people and hanging out with them for a few quest hubs. then friend them and msg them if u wanna run something. imo, a lfd tool is not required.

IronFirewind
01.11.2012 , 12:57 AM | #7
Problem is, is that people out questing are often not willing to return to fleet unless a group is ready to go. Nine times out of ten, a person who I find in Fleet will often run off questing while I can spend up to several hours on my server trying to find a tank or DPS willing to come all the way back to fleet.

Also a lot of people don't bother with FPS because you only get a decent amount of XP from the daily. Commendation gear is also the equivalent of Flashpoint gear so many times people have literally no incentive to come join you. Problem is is that questing is the most boring aspect of MMOs and levelling as a healer is slow, tedious and boring.

And the problem with friendlisting people is that there is no guarantee that they will still be playing tomorrow, or next week. I know for a fact that the only person on my F.List that is a higher level than me is my guild leader (though my guild is dead as it's only ever me and the leader that is on).

Flagging yourself and putting up a message is useless as well because your search comment is cut off after about 12 characters AND you can ONLY search areas and not for classes or a level range. Basically this system is bested by FFXI's LFG system which had no LFG tool yet had a far more powerful search system and a search comment character limit that let you add a ton of information and that game is ten years old.

There is already a LFG tool for PvP and people accept it so why not PvE?

CriticalAtheist
01.11.2012 , 03:34 AM | #8
On my server it seems we cant find healers at all, they just dont exist.. there are boatloads of tanks and the competition to get into a hard mode FP is rough as a tank.

Seems you just picked a server where people decided rolling a healer would be a good idea
"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."

-Sovereign

Tyerion
01.11.2012 , 04:46 PM | #9
Operative healer here.

As I've leveled up I have made every decent tank I do heroics with a friend. When I want to run a FP I check which ones are on and send them tells asking if they want to run such and such FP. If they say yes I invite them and let them know they can quest till I find 2 dps. Finding 2 dps usually doesn't take long and I don't do it on the fleet, I do it on the planet I'm questing on because there are more people around the correct level.

You can do this all while questing, but you usually won't even finish the quest you are on before you have a full group. The fleet pass is great for this too.

I'm Imp only so maybe your fellow Republicans just don't run Flashpoints?

Oghier
01.12.2012 , 10:02 AM | #10
Another healer-operative here, with the same advice as above: Build a friends list of tanks. Once you have a tank-healer duo, it's easy to find a couple DPS in the general channel at fleet or on the appropriate planet.