Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Hutts

divinedoom
01.09.2012 , 04:41 PM | #11
no matter how good of an argument you make he just doesn't care he is only willing to believe his thinking.
For Mand'alore

Tullianus
01.09.2012 , 06:15 PM | #12
Gotta remember that Hutts like Jabba and Nemro are top ranking members of the species, who have reached the point where they are able to sit there and be fat lazy slugs. Not every member of the Species is at that point, or ever gets to that point.

And Hutts like them are simply the only kind of Hutts we have extended contact with. Blotus the Hutt is completely different to the Hutt stereotypes, considering he was the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic for 275 years

Bourbun
01.10.2012 , 09:33 PM | #13
Quote:
You realize this does not prevent me from using force choke, lighting, push or just slicing through there fat with a light saber. Your point is null, void and moot. Never underestimate someone who works around inconveniences.
Hehe, try doing that to Beldorion the hutt

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beldorion

Ruliya
01.10.2012 , 09:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tullianus View Post
Gotta remember that Hutts like Jabba and Nemro are top ranking members of the species, who have reached the point where they are able to sit there and be fat lazy slugs. Not every member of the Species is at that point, or ever gets to that point.

And Hutts like them are simply the only kind of Hutts we have extended contact with. Blotus the Hutt is completely different to the Hutt stereotypes, considering he was the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic for 275 years
In a kind of Hi-JAck of this post...what happened to Jabba's son? ... yup from the Clone Wars movie... did it die after being recovered or what? because nothing is ever heard about it again >.<

Which brings me to Zero the hutt in the Clone Wars... what a useless sack of ... slug garbage he/she was >.<

ErikModi
01.10.2012 , 10:21 PM | #15
Actually, in one of the old West End Games Star Wars RPG supplements (yes, I'm dating myself here), there is an entry for Hutt body armor, a suit of powered armor that makes Jango and Boba Fett's Mandalorian armor look like a chainmail bikini. Not only did it increase the wearer's strength and speed, but featured energy shields, a stealth suite, and a shoulder-mounted blaster cannon. A Hutt in one of these things was practically a light tank all on his own. So yeah, the idea of them being powerful warriors in the past is highly valid, and one can never assume that a Hutt is incapable of defending itself. In the New Jedi Order novels, Randa the Hutt (I think that was the character's name) severely injured several Yuuzhan Vong warriors just by charging into them at full speed (and injuring a Yuuzhan Vong is no mean feat.) And this was a young, largely ineffectual Hutt. An elder Hutt, with a great deal to lose, will no doubt put up quite a fight (Leia only managed to strangle Jabba because of her powerful connection to the Force, subconsciously drawing on it to increase her strength.)

Also, as shown repeatedly in Star Wars, the Hutts generally have a large amount of wealth and power at their disposal, resulting in state-of-the-art security systems and bodyguards. While it's true that money only buys a certain amount of loyalty, the Hutts are masters at manipulating things so that even their hired help is loyal to them beyond a mere paycheck.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.