Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Class Ideas

Reaperchris
01.10.2012 , 04:42 PM | #1
So there was a topic about this in the recent days and I couldn't find it to add some ideas.

Bare-handed Brute:
This class would be a Dashade Race and only available to people who have a level 50, so it would be a Heroic Class. Mainly because Dashades are very few in number. The class would be force sensitive which is possible if you play through the Jedi Knight story where a similar race becomes force sensitive. The main thing about this class would be a tanking class who would use bare-hands or bare-handed weapons, but with a force packing punch.

Rogue:
A legitimate Rogue who would solely relay on the shadows and a blade. The only race who could play this would be of course the Kubaz. Not much to say about this class except for that if uncovered from the shadows it could do heavy damage, but sustain little damage and be squishy.

I'll be adding more, but I would like constructive criticism and your ideas as well.
"The eye sees, but cannot see itself. Anyone can be the eye, but the key to Jedi training is to be able to see oneself."

Doshmas
01.10.2012 , 05:18 PM | #2
Only reason i would like this is because of new races, that's it.

There was already a thread about a bare-handed class, and it wasn't taken well

Also rogue that relies on blade? Have you met an operative?

Sorry if i'm a little harsh, just wanted to point those things out

grandmasterub
01.10.2012 , 05:25 PM | #3
new classes lol. Game just came out...
Rhaegar - Jedi Shadow Hyperspace Cannon
Trooperdude - Vanguard Hyperspace Cannon

All WZ Players Please Read

Reaperchris
01.10.2012 , 05:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmasterub View Post
Game just came out that doesn't mean they won't be having an expansion....
"The eye sees, but cannot see itself. Anyone can be the eye, but the key to Jedi training is to be able to see oneself."

Reaperchris
01.10.2012 , 05:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Doshmas View Post
Only reason i would like this is because of new races, that's it.

There was already a thread about a bare-handed class, and it wasn't taken well

Also rogue that relies on blade? Have you met an operative?

Sorry if i'm a little harsh, just wanted to point those things out
I have met Operative and they don't solely relay on that and it was intentional. The rogue I am talking about would be just that and nothing really more, it would be an actual rogue. Also the other thread was going off of an idea that was from SWG and people think that just because an MMO is dead that it was not successful.

Queen_Ultima
01.10.2012 , 05:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmasterub View Post
Agreed, the current classes deserve some focus on balancing, adding more fun mechanics before new classes are carried out. Also both of those races cannot speak Basic [English] and Bioware stated they wanted races that spoke Basic. And their general design is more than one race per class. (And neither would be taken seriously, as the Kubaz would probably be laughed at by non-hardcore SW fans, and the Dashade.. Not many people like Khem Val :P)

As for the actual classes, barefisted wouldn't work as to be balanced a class needs to have a weapon for stats (although a vibro-blade focused class might be interesting), and I think a barehanded weapon (ie, brass knuckles) is a bit less "Star-warsy" purely IMO.

As for the Rogue..... Already in game. There's the Force Assassin/Shadow, which is a typical Rogue mixed with a Force user, and you have the non-Force version of a Scoundrel/Operative. Yes, S/Os use a blaster(pistol/rifle) but in a universe where guns are so popular, non-force users are less likely to use knifes in a gunfight

Not trying to be mean, there is room for a lot of classes in this game, but personally I just don't see anything unique to constitute another class.

EDIT: Also, going by the BW trope of basing classes off major characters that are generally well known (by even those who aren't die hard SW fans), what characters could these be based off of?
Bridget for Sith Empress!

Reaperchris
01.10.2012 , 08:34 PM | #7
To your edit: none because eventually we will run out of major character classes to take away from.

It would be of course in the brass knuckle like weapon and not everything will be based on the movies in general. I'm sure there are plenty of bare handed fist fights throughout the Universe that just don't seem significant now add the force and pack a huge punch to it and bam.

Azure_Prower
01.10.2012 , 09:07 PM | #8
If they're going to have new classes, they better damn well have more slots per server. Because I already have mine filled up with each class already.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.