Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Deyjarl
01.10.2012 , 08:17 PM | #1
I was working on the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa on my level 32 character at the time. The bonus quests that take you into the Shared area with Imperials. I think nothing of it, I'm not flagged.

Attack a group of mobs, and just as I'm about to do an AoE burst, a level 50 jump in tags one just before my AoE damage ticks flagging the mob to him, so when my damage hits, I'm flagged also.

I rolled on a PvE server to avoid stuff like this. I don't mind PvP, but I'm not interesting in Open World all the time. Most of my characters are on PvE servers, and that is what I expected, PvE unless I voluntarily decide to PvP. That did not occur here.

There is no PvP buff for it to balance it out some either.

Again I rolled on PvE server expecting not to have to deal with this. That is what the PvE and PvP server difference was for. But seems there are some ways to exploit that.
What is your Duty? To serve Emperor's Will.
What is Emperor's Will? That we fight and die.
What is Death? It is our duty.
What is your Duty? ...

noctowl
01.10.2012 , 08:19 PM | #2
You just got tricked into flagging. Not a big deal.

Taurusaud
01.10.2012 , 08:21 PM | #3
Just get stronger and learn how to fight and go kill him. Problem solved.

marshalleck
01.10.2012 , 08:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by noctowl View Post
You just got tricked into flagging. Not a big deal.
Pretty sure this is the end of the world. Didn't the mayans predict this or something with their calendar?
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Revilution
01.10.2012 , 08:24 PM | #5
I've ganked so many people on my server inside enemy bases and I havent seen a single thread about how the turrets in towns need to have longer aggro range or how robots need to have better stealth detection

As soon as one PvE server guy gets involuntary ganked the whole world is ending

ApesAmongUs
01.10.2012 , 08:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Revilution View Post
I've ganked so many people on my server inside enemy bases and I havent seen a single thread about how the turrets in towns need to have longer aggro range or how robots need to have better stealth detection

As soon as one PvE server guy gets involuntary ganked the whole world is ending
Well, he took steps to avoid people like you and the game failed him.

Kourage
01.10.2012 , 08:27 PM | #7
It's griefing.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Blackavaar
01.10.2012 , 08:27 PM | #8
Ignore those guys.

The same thing happened to me on Tattoine. I agree it's an exploit that needs to be fixed. Players of the opposing faction should not be able to trick anyone on a PvE server into flagging for PvP involuntarily.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

marshalleck
01.10.2012 , 08:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ApesAmongUs View Post
Well, he took steps to avoid people like you and the game failed him.
For the last time?
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Tygranir
01.10.2012 , 08:30 PM | #10
If it is griefing, it is reportable. And if you report someone in this game, they are actually pretty quick at handing out suspensions.

Report him and he may think twice about doing it again.
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.