Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

daMarek
01.10.2012 , 05:19 PM | #781
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
Fixed a bug that allowed cutscenes to display high res textures, cutscenes now properly display medium textures

Fixed a bug that was causing certain abilities to have delayed and laggy casting times, all abilities now have delayed and laggy casting times

Alien dialogue subtitles were disappearing before players could finish reading them, all alien dialogue has been replaced by english voice acting from Jimmy the Intern

Excessive sharding was dispersing the player population, resulting in empty and lonely zones. Randomized NPCs resembling other players have been inserted into phased areas. They will automatically /wave at you when approached.

A bug was causing glitched green laser effects to appear above most settlements. The green laser effects are now called "Galactic Auroras" and given a codex entry explaining how they are a good luck charm if you spot them!
ha thats funny

carnac_fett
01.10.2012 , 05:20 PM | #782
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgewall View Post
Your time settings have to be off, can you go check them? Go to My Account, and then to Basic Information.

Developers do not post on these forums at outlandish times like 1 AM and 5 AM.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Gorgewall
01.10.2012 , 05:20 PM | #783
I have determined my forum times are screwed up. :x

Phoenixblight
01.10.2012 , 05:20 PM | #784
Again you are assuming he is based off your timezone assuming you changed your timezone to match yours which he is not located there. He is in the states which if he is located in the Bioware studio which is CST it was 6pm where I am located and I have my TImezone set on my account settings.

4pm PST, 6pm CST, 7pm Est. Take your pick.

Ashes_Arizona
01.10.2012 , 05:22 PM | #785
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDozen View Post
This shows as being posted yesterday at 7:22 pm EST. So I thought we would see an answer today, or at least another response here.
Don't hold your breath. As I said in the earlier posts, if he doesn't already have an answer the communication process between the art department, build deployment and community relations is irrevocably damaged.

Chelan
01.10.2012 , 05:23 PM | #786
Would like to see this high-res texture bug fixed. It probably wouldn't be TONS better looking than what we have now but it would still be better.

I was clicking on my holo terminal today on a new ship and my gear just had so much more detail. With AA being added later on as well, maybe I can finally enjoy the game graphically.

One reason Bioware could be hesitant to fix this issue is because then people would be complaining more about how the game is poorly optimized to run on PCs. I mean, with high settings pretty much turned off currently (including shadows, they look horrendous being cast on characters - pretty much just big jagged edges) and all the instancing we really should be getting better performance at this point.

Perhaps Bioware should have launched Dec. 20, 2012 and just polish the game a bit more. I don't think anyone here can honestly say that there isn't at least one thing about SWTOR that disappointed them and should have worked better.

I don't know, maybe 1 more year in development could have fixed a lot of these current bugs and apply a bit more polish to the features.

DirtyDozen
01.10.2012 , 05:27 PM | #787
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Don't hold your breath. As I said in the earlier posts, if he doesn't already have an answer the communication process between the art department, build deployment and community relations is irrevocably damaged.
That's fine. I just used the tracker and saw he's made posts today. He should pop in and say something, anything. It would be the right thing to do?.

Personally I can wait for the fix. The game just needs good communication on issues early on is my main concern.
Squadron 238

Oddzball
01.10.2012 , 05:29 PM | #788
Oh, I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to inform some people who seem misguided, may have misinterpreted some stuff, or are ignorant of certain realities facing game design.
I love how people claim to know something about software design. You nor him probably know anything about the process.

I wouldnt bother going into software design and how crappy it is.

But I CAN tell you about customer service.

We have about 12 million folks using the software we design and implement.

And we get calls every day about problems.

THe differrence is we dont try to mislead or use vague wording in things like our patches or TBs. They say EXACTLY what they are there for. If it isnt clear enough we fix it right away so that the documentation is spotless. Every UI change, every single tiny little thing.

If I showed my software using 3d full motion video in the advertising and pictures you can damn well bet if someone bought it and it didnt do exactly that they would be pissed off about it. When you see screenshots of our software you see exactly what a regular user would see.

But this is all beside the point.

I know SR said he would get us an answer and he probably will.

But I also know that as has been shown many times since launch, right now the customer service for this MMO is absolutely HORRIBLE.

Tickets that go unanswered for weeks.

The fact that James Ohlen had time to answer some questions for a Eurogamer article about performance issues but there hasnt been a response to the thread on their VERY customer service forum in a long time.

I mean the customer service forum is straight up junk IMO.

Why even bother having one when you never, you know, perform any customer service on it?

Thats consdiering the fact that this is BY FAR the WORST forum setup I have ever seen for a major studio. Really, no search function?

Its not so much that high textures are broke that has a lot of folks upset. Its the "so far" what many consider to be poor customer relations and customer service for the product.

SR is great and all, but its obvious they need to hire some more folks to deal with the community, he isnt superman after all, and he cant handle everything.

FlawlessSoul
01.10.2012 , 05:29 PM | #789
From what I can tell, regarding the timezone and the post, there's another 6 1/2 hours of the promised "tomorrow" left, since it's apparently ~5:30 pm in Austin now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
The fact that James Ohlen had time to answer some questions for a Eurogamer article about performance issues but there hasnt been a response to the thread on their VERY customer service forum in a long time.
Don't forget the important aspect to that interview - where he alludes that everyone with a performance issue is a liar.

carnac_fett
01.10.2012 , 05:31 PM | #790
Quote: Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
From what I can tell, regarding the timezone and the post, there's another 6 1/2 hours of the promised "tomorrow" left, since it's apparently ~5:30 pm in Austin now.
The work day is pretty much over, but who knows, maybe Mr. Reid will post here later tonight while he's in his pajamas with his laptop.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)