Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Unruhe
01.10.2012 , 03:10 PM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by JCinDE View Post
I don't think you'll see a clearer and more obvious depiction of the texture issue than this:

http://i.imgur.com/KP9cY.jpg
Yep, that showcases a pretty drastic difference. I'm still a fan of my own comparison, as well.

Hammerholm
01.10.2012 , 03:10 PM | #652
What happend to the response? =s

SillyTurtle
01.10.2012 , 03:10 PM | #653
WOW you people are selfish... you all act like you're the only thing that matters, and this is the only issue of importance in the entire company.

Your parents apparently never taught anyone patience, or manners for that matter...
Malidan - Marauder - Shadow Hand

Oddzball
01.10.2012 , 03:11 PM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by daMarek View Post
WHAT does he have on his plate? He's the Community Manager and he had 3 posts in the last 2 days... way to manage your community
Community managers coordinate with fan sites, probably help with press releases, have meetings ALL day.

TO wit;

-Creatively and proactively assist customers.
-Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests
-Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance
-Transfer the information to the appropriate departments so that they can respond accordingly.
-bugs to quality assurance
-new ideas to product development
-messaging effectiveness to marketing
-frequently asked questions noted
-identifying user generated content
-Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and screencasts whatever media you want to use
-Establish metrics & report on them on a monthly basis including recommendations
-Identify & engage advocates
-Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the executive team.
-Communicate issues, opportunities and insights to the company at large.
-Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that the company can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.
-Participate in professional networking by following the prominent bloggers and online writers & attending events.

Which reminds me, the 23rd of January is CM appreciation day.

Angellus
01.10.2012 , 03:13 PM | #655
Quote: Originally Posted by SillyTurtle View Post
WOW you people are selfish... you all act like you're the only thing that matters, and this is the only issue of importance in the entire company.

Your parents apparently never taught anyone patience, or manners for that matter...
You make it sound like there is one person responsible for handling all questions and giving out feedback. Oh and this one person is also the one who's fixing the games issues.

If anything the constant ramblings of the many people in this thread further serve as an indicator that this IS an urgent matter and ONE of the many support reps should respond as quickly as possible. In this case SR is the man who is going to give us an update as he has already stated.

SillyTurtle
01.10.2012 , 03:17 PM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by Angellus View Post
You make it sound like there is one person responsible for handling all questions and giving out feedback. Oh and this one person is also the one who's fixing the games issues.

If anything the constant ramblings of the many people in this thread further serve as an indicator that this IS an urgent matter and ONE of the many support reps should respond as quickly as possible. In this case SR is the man who is going to give us an update as he has already stated.
But he said today... no specific time. It's only 4:15 pm.

Are you still going to stand behind that argument? These guys have people working day and night, there is still a lot of the day left. Take a look at the job description up there. Everyone has jobs and responsibilities. There are things with higher priority.
Malidan - Marauder - Shadow Hand

daMarek
01.10.2012 , 03:18 PM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
Community managers coordinate with fan sites, probably help with press releases, have meetings ALL day.

TO wit;

-Creatively and proactively assist customers.
-Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests
-Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance
-Transfer the information to the appropriate departments so that they can respond accordingly.
-bugs to quality assurance
-new ideas to product development
-messaging effectiveness to marketing
-frequently asked questions noted
-identifying user generated content
-Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and screencasts whatever media you want to use
-Establish metrics & report on them on a monthly basis including recommendations
-Identify & engage advocates
-Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the executive team.
-Communicate issues, opportunities and insights to the company at large.
-Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that the company can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.
-Participate in professional networking by following the prominent bloggers and online writers & attending events.

Which reminds me, the 23rd of January is CM appreciation day.
Too bad I haven't seen any press release, interview, news article etc. since this thread came up.

Half your points would actually apply to dealing with this mess right here

Unruhe
01.10.2012 , 03:20 PM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by megalomaniacalia View Post
The game is live, missing entire sets of features that are showcased heavily on all promotional materials.
I quoted the only part of your post that mattered, removed the word "new" and replaced it with the underlined portion. If you're content buying a sportscar and then finding out it can't go above 55mph, that's cool. Many of us aren't okay with that, at all.

Dosblade
01.10.2012 , 03:22 PM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by SillyTurtle View Post

Buy a clue... with out US there is no MMO here. But really has nothing to do with patience. It has been what over 10years since MMOS have been out and to launch something not ready is the norm now. To EXPECT something ready .. people bash you call you trolls lol. You ALWAYS here.. WOW had more bugs then this when it launch (7 YEARS AGO).... this says volumes about SWTOR.

But they know people are like sheep. They know there are those that will PAY and take anything they hand them. So its called "following".. just doing what everyone else does.. pay for something unfinished. Hey 95% of SWTOR do not have performance problems.. That should tell you right there lol how they think..about YOU..

Arkanovi
01.10.2012 , 03:22 PM | #660
Looking at those comparison screenshots above - I'll be very happy when those high res textures are working, right now I'm not playing too much as the low resolution textures do get to me. Everything else in this game I love so far, and most bugs I'm concerned with have already been identified and fixes are incoming.

Bioware employees must have the patience of a saint to deal with some of you guys, lots of posts in this forum are just absolutely painful to read.