Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint story/ immersion lacking

alienreptile
01.10.2012 , 08:15 AM | #1
I'm wondering why the first FP, Black Talon for me, seems superior in storyline and immersion compared to all the other fp's i've done. I have not done all fp's so I'm still waiting to see if they get better, but after BT, the rest are almost all just run through killing with hardly any conversations if any. I finished Mandalorian fp last night and it was good in regards to challenging at the end, but was extremely lacking in immersion.

I hope that the future ones I do get better (in regards to storyline/immersion)and have more conversations and story involvement.
-Me

Zorpen
01.10.2012 , 08:23 AM | #2
If you played KOTOR than let me just tell you to wait till "The Foundry"
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

DarrkLore
01.10.2012 , 12:17 PM | #3
I agree, there's more storyline involved with the grind quests than with the Flashpoints. It doesn't make much sense. I was really impressed with Black Talon and I thought that all Flashpoints would play out similarly. But they haven't so far... It just feels like playing through a regular old zone only it's instanced and there's a couple of big bosses thrown in.

More story please!!!! I wanna feel like I actually have an important job to do.
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

shininku
01.10.2012 , 12:37 PM | #4
(Speaking from the Imperial PoV since poster said Black Talon)
I COMPLETELY agree with the OP, Black Talon is an extremely well-done Flashpoint. I couldn't wait until I leveled to get to the next one. Then lo and behold, Hammer Station! YES! Shush up droid, let me go and start my next wonderful Flashpoint.
Speak to Darth Malgus? Awesome, i get to talk to this epic Sith.

Spoiler blocked proceedings of Hammer Station for Just in Case, I guess...
Spoiler

It was like, what happened to all of those lovely decisions in Black Talon, the buildup to getting to the General? Feeling like you were something aside from some fresh new meat?

And it seems grudgingly so through Hammer, up until Cademimu. The Call to Arms questline which starts with Boarding Party I can't speak for, since I've yet to find players to do it in my server. However, Call to Arms looks like it'll finally have some real story behind it again, but that's a pretty long stretch from level 10 (Black Talon) til 33 (Call to Arms); with roughly four Flashpoints (Hammer Station, that one with the Sith, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu) that are just vastly uninteresting in comparison. Sure, I've no problem with killing things, but don't butter me up with this lovely first Flashpoint, only to have four disappointments.

Brodehouse
01.10.2012 , 12:53 PM | #5
From what I've been told, there at one point were no Flashpoints between 10 and 33, so they grew together some simpler ones.

Play Foundry/Maelstrom at 35ish, and then marvel.