Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolution problems

Nupi
12.14.2011 , 03:57 AM | #1
So,

My friend got his early access yesterday and we having been playing on his account with my computer together, but we have one problem we can't seem to fix. The resolution will not change from 800x600. We try to change it from 800x600 to 1366x768, the highest resolution my laptop will allow, and as soon as we click "apply" in game a little box comes up that says "Keep resolution" or "cancel" with a 10 second timer. (I think) But within 1/2 a second the screen goes black, so I don't really have time to read the box. It stays black for about 10 seconds, then goes to a loading screen, then it gets back into the game and the resolution is back to 800x600. I have tried switching it to other resolutions, exiting and re-entering the game, making different characters, and changing the resolution on both my laptop's desktop to match the game resolution and none of it seems to work. Any help is appreciated!

skjutengris
12.14.2011 , 03:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nupi View Post
So,

My friend got his early access yesterday and we having been playing on his account with my computer together, but we have one problem we can't seem to fix. The resolution will not change from 800x600. We try to change it from 800x600 to 1366x768, the highest resolution my laptop will allow, and as soon as we click "apply" in game a little box comes up that says "Keep resolution" or "cancel" with a 10 second timer. (I think) But within 1/2 a second the screen goes black, so I don't really have time to read the box. It stays black for about 10 seconds, then goes to a loading screen, then it gets back into the game and the resolution is back to 800x600. I have tried switching it to other resolutions, exiting and re-entering the game, making different characters, and changing the resolution on both my laptop's desktop to match the game resolution and none of it seems to work. Any help is appreciated!
latest new drivers?
seems the driver cant handle the change in resolution.
If you didnt play Everquest before year 2000 you dont know what a MMO is about.

Nupi
12.14.2011 , 04:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by skjutengris View Post
latest new drivers?
seems the driver cant handle the change in resolution.
The thing is, the resolution at its highest worked yesterday for a couple hours. I can't remember when or how it exactly messed up, but I do know it worked fine playing from lvl 1-5 on two characters.

Nupi
12.14.2011 , 04:36 AM | #4
bumpp

kylezo
12.14.2011 , 06:06 AM | #5
it's got nothing to do with the driver - it's a problem with the game, lots and lots of people with the exact same issue. if you searched at all for anything general like "can't change resolution" you'd find tons of threads.... ther are some workarounds that work for some people. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=swtor+cant+change+resolution