I get the burst but...

nawySAUCE

If you think it's bad here, you should've seen oldschool SWG... people using their bare fists could beat the crap out of jedi with lightsabers.

If you'll notice, melee weaponry is still pretty heavily used by troops/combatants in the era during which SW:TOR takes place. It's presumed that the abundance of melee weaponry is specifically designed to help people deal with the large numbers of lightsaber wielders/jedi/sith that are present at this time - melee weapons infused with a cortosis weave or made of mandalorian iron are able to resist lightsabers, giving the wielder a useful weapon with which to defend himself when confronted by a force user.

The style of play is different as an operative. As I've seen mentioned elsewhere on this forum, it's a lot less flashy than glowbat wielding Sith/Jedi. We're intelligence officers. We're not supposed to stick out. Quiet professionals and what-not. Edited by Hamchuck

Operatives--even Concealment--are not exclusively melee. They have a large number of Melee attacks, yes, but they are not exclusively melee.

if you're concealment using ranged skills other than overload shot when everything on cooldown, urdoinitwrong..i swear i keep reading people talk about how they drop in cover, and throw out a prob while thier companion runs in, and snipe...

make a god damn sniper

if you're concealment using ranged skills other than overload shot when everything on cooldown, urdoinitwrong..i swear i keep reading people talk about how they drop in cover, and throw out a prob while thier companion runs in, and snipe...

make a gosh darn sniper

I use Crouch/Probe up close whenever its available...

Nothing like a 3k explosion...

I normally don't find the time to Crouch/Probe in a normal fight?

Well, I probably could fit in some Probe instead of the sparse Overload Shot I use when everything is on cooldown and I have spare energy but is this worth it?

It can be fun for sure, no one is arguing that ;).

Because if Jedi were Kryptonians (Superman) IA Operatives would be stealthy Batman with a Kryptonite shiv.

I've tried all the classes to mid 20s and keep going back to my Operative. There's a few things I don't like about the Operative but I think you summed it up nicely why I keep getting pulled back.

Definitely sig worth. :D

I've tried all the classes to mid 20s and keep going back to my Operative. There's a few things I don't like about the Operative but I think you summed it up nicely why I keep getting pulled back.

Definitely sig worth. :D

heh, feel free to modify and use, if you like. It just clicked to me the other day, especially since I really like the idea of the self-made man taking down gods/magicians.

I'm still sprung off my BH Merc, but I highly admire you IA Ops.

Few reasons:

1. Everyone and their mother rolled Sith Juggernaut/Marauder.

2. Sith Assassin is like a watered down, My Little Pony version of the Scoundrel/Operative.

3. The audio for Lightsaber attacks drove me crazy by level 15. I logged out in the middle of Dromund Kaas and haven't logged back in since on that character.

4. Tanking in this game is like a slow death. BioWare did everything they possibly could to make the UI as cumbersome and anti-user-friendly as they possibly could. Healing on the other hand is a blast, and having the option to go heals > having the option to go tank.