Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are Rakata weapons worse than Columi and Tionese?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why are Rakata weapons worse than Columi and Tionese?

Lightmgl
01.09.2012 , 03:26 AM | #1
In fact aside from the color crystals, the Tier 3 (Rakata) weapons are all lower level than the Tier 1 (Tionese) weapons..... What makes things worse is due to how the system is designed if we purchase a Rakata weapon now and it is fixed later would we get an updated version with the correct mods?

Just wondering if we should be holding onto our Rakata tokens until the weapons are fixed. Hell the rest of the Rakata gear could use a slight bump too even though it is better than Columi it is barely a step up and in some cases a downgrade because for some reason the pieces change stats from Tier 2 to Tier 3....

The weapons sound like an easy fix to get into 1.1.....

Exertim
01.09.2012 , 03:45 AM | #2
It's a confirmed bug that's going to be fixed in the future.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Artacks
01.09.2012 , 03:46 AM | #3
Thats like asking "why does every fight get easier with 12 snipers"

It just is

Exertim
01.09.2012 , 03:50 AM | #4
Heh. Bioware operations developer mindset: Make every encounter melee unfriendly. If the endgame for this game really kicks off, you're going to see stacked raids of entirely ranged dps with maybe a token Sentinel for Inspiration.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Artacks
01.09.2012 , 03:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
Heh. Bioware operations developer mindset: Make every encounter melee unfriendly. If the endgame for this game really kicks off, you're going to see stacked raids of entirely ranged dps with maybe a token Sentinel for Inspiration.
I've already had to re-roll, DAMN YOU BIOWARE!

Lightmgl
01.09.2012 , 04:50 AM | #6
I'm loving my Merc heh. Wish I had meters to tell who does more me or my Sniper friend, we're both pretty geared.

I just don't understand how stuff released in this state. Its not even the tuning that gets me its the simpler bugs like dying in the escape pod or just randomly dropping dead after engaging Gharj.....

Denadyne
01.09.2012 , 04:49 PM | #7
Bump.

I'm in the same boat. I'm afraid to buy my offhand/implant in the event that when they do fix this, it doesn't end up being retroactive and I get stuck with the crappy version~

The Columi/Rakata gear is essentially flipped. Please fix <3
Kallusive - 50 Marauder
Daftpunk - 50 Mercenary
Phantogram - 50 Jedi Guardian

zolthie
01.09.2012 , 04:53 PM | #8
The gearing in this game is retarded.

Centurion and Tionese is completely useless, why is it even in the game?

Also, if you ever get into raiding, invite no melee dps what so ever.

Pentharian
01.10.2012 , 06:19 AM | #9
Friends & I were just talking about a lot of these issues. It seems after years in development, years of beta testing and working with some of Blizzard's people they made a lot of storylines and they managed to keep the servers up through launch ... Now where is the content at 50? I have around five dailies to do that are slightly enjoyable that is if I don't get into a never ending string of Huttball loses trying to complete that daily of 3 wins.

Where is the part where ya have to think or the part that every class can play. Why are there these little bugs like gear stats being wrong, and some of the above mentioned issues.

Did they not think people were going to make 50 by the time of their first expansion or something? We're holding on but it's getting harder and harder as more of the things we want to do end up with the comment 'we can try but it's bugged.'

PhoenixMatrix
01.10.2012 , 07:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pentharian View Post
Did they not think people were going to make 50 by the time of their first expansion or something? We're holding on but it's getting harder and harder as more of the things we want to do end up with the comment 'we can try but it's bugged.'
Looks pretty obvious to me that the game is INITIALLY designed around the story content. They even said it during development, this was meant to be a "Massive Single Player RPG" (quoted from some interview, I forget which).

With that in mind, there's a lot of bugs in the single player and story stuff that probably should be fixed asap, the rest is an afterthought, that will get fixed in time for sure, and they will put more content... but if the ONLY thing you care about is endgame raiding...you're not exactly their primary target audience for the launch of the game (though I personally do enjoy it a fair bit, you just have to only touch the content that works, and do it casually)

Tionese and Centurion isn't useless...it works to mix and match to get set bonuses, and is decent in off-pieces if nothing else drops for you or show up on the GTN