Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Soloist Complaint: Way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Soloist Complaint: Way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions

GirlStarWarsFan's Avatar


GirlStarWarsFan
01.10.2012 , 05:15 AM | #1
I very much enjoying playing this game: being both a huge star wars fan and an avid MMO gamer, thank you. But, I prefer playing solo and as I now have high level characters, I can reflect back and express my personal opinion- that there are way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions that require a group, which interrups my personal style of gameplay.

mtak's Avatar


mtak
01.10.2012 , 05:20 AM | #2
i to am a solo player. i prefer that, and find it the most efficient. are there too many flashpoints / group quests? maybe..who really knows..when i come across them, i just abandon them after picking up all the quests..having 2 50's, i havent done a single group quest, and only done flashpoints/operations at 50. you can easily level to 50 and go at whatever pace you want.

heilhead's Avatar


heilhead
01.10.2012 , 05:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GirlStarWarsFan View Post
I very much enjoying playing this game: being both a huge star wars fan and an avid MMO gamer, thank you. But, I prefer playing solo and as I now have high level characters, I can reflect back and express my personal opinion- that there are way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions that require a group, which interrups my personal style of gameplay.
And? Noone forces you to do them. Please continue playing solo if you like it instead of trolling the forums.

chronomasakari's Avatar


chronomasakari
01.10.2012 , 05:23 AM | #4
That's a silly complaint because there's more then enough solo content to make your way through 50 without dipping into flashpoints and heroic missions. In fact if you were one of the earlier 50's you had to do so because there was no one to group with to do flashpoints or heroic quests. Hell when I finished Corellia I was the only one on the planet.

Trust me, there's more then enough solo content.

Alithyra's Avatar


Alithyra
01.10.2012 , 05:37 AM | #5
With so much content, I'm finding myself starting on a planet where my level is already over the range of that planet, so HCs are not needed.
I've also found myslef pass whole flashpoints by.

They are good xp, nice loot/reward items and commendations - if thats your thing, but by no means essential for levelling.

GirlStarWarsFan's Avatar


GirlStarWarsFan
01.10.2012 , 06:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by heilhead View Post
And? Noone forces you to do them. Please continue playing solo if you like it instead of trolling the forums.
I would not consider this "trolling the forums" as you say, as this really is not an "off topic or inflammatory" message, but rather, is a constructive criticism with my personal opinion.
In actuality- you are the troll!

heilhead's Avatar


heilhead
01.10.2012 , 06:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GirlStarWarsFan View Post
I would not consider this "trolling the forums" as you say, as this really is not an "off topic or inflammatory" message, but rather, is a constructive criticism with my personal opinion.
In actuality- you are the troll!
So you're actually complaining about "too much" group content in an MMO game? How's that not trolling? Or is it not enough solo content for you? As mentioned above you can actually level 2 or 3 characters doing only solo questing and not really repeating too much of the quests (like empire/republic + different class quest lines). All-in-all it's an MMOG, and you should have known that by the time you started playing or atleast before you post "constructive criticism" on the forums

Sorry if i'm being mean and seeing trolls everywhere, but that wasn't actually constructive - you didn't offer any solution like cutting half of group content so it wouldn't annoy you that much or atleast indicate it in some way so you dont pick the quests which you're not planning on doing.

GirlStarWarsFan's Avatar


GirlStarWarsFan
01.10.2012 , 06:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by chronomasakari View Post
That's a silly complaint because there's more then enough solo content to make your way through 50 without dipping into flashpoints and heroic missions. In fact if you were one of the earlier 50's you had to do so because there was no one to group with to do flashpoints or heroic quests. Hell when I finished Corellia I was the only one on the planet.
You misunderstand, I am not complaining, as I am expressing a fact in combination with my personal opinion of this game.

firesprite_ea's Avatar


firesprite_ea
01.10.2012 , 06:47 AM | #9
So. You complain that a MMO forces you to play with other players? Seriously? If you enjoy solo play - then there are quite a number of SW RPG games for you that require only one player to play / finish. Oh and they have MUCH better grafics. So why not play them? Besides, TOR is very "small-group-friendly" game. It automatically gives you a small two man team. In addition, you can bring one friend and get yourself a full 4 man team! Or ...did you perhaps want to do FP alone too O_o?

P.S. From personal experience. I play this game with a friend. I play Sentinel, he Sage. We did each and every quest with just two of us (4 heroics too ) +1 companion. It was extremely relaxing gaming, very enjoyable too. A word of advise - find a friend. Involve him/her in the game. This will make your gaming so much more enjoyable.

TRdlr. This is an MMO. For solo play - pls go for your usual single player RPG games. Skyrim is absolutely epic game for example.

Thankyjack's Avatar


Thankyjack
01.10.2012 , 06:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GirlStarWarsFan View Post
I would not consider this "trolling the forums" as you say, as this really is not an "off topic or inflammatory" message, but rather, is a constructive criticism with my personal opinion.
In actuality- you are the troll!
There are two options here. We give you the benefit of the doubt and think you are a troll or we read your post seriously and think even less. This isn't Skyrim. It's a MMO. Community play is designed in.