Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What if Darth Revan and/or Malak won?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What if Darth Revan and/or Malak won?

Zaron's Avatar


Zaron
01.10.2012 , 12:06 AM | #1
always wondered this. If you played through the planet Taris the sith don't look down of Malak, they actually consider him an ally it seems when they said they will finish what Malak started.

So my question is this: What do you guys think would of happened if Malak's and Revan's sith culture/empire won the jedi civil war and the "true" sith empire came back with them still ruling?

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
01.10.2012 , 12:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
always wondered this. If you played through the planet Taris the sith don't look down of Malak, they actually consider him an ally it seems when they said they will finish what Malak started.

So my question is this: What do you guys think would of happened if Malak's and Revan's sith culture/empire won the jedi civil war and the "true" sith empire came back with them still ruling?
War. It's the nature of the Sith. Malak and Revan wouldn't have backed down just so someone else could take over. They'd fight for the right to rule. They'd either defeat the sith empire or be destroyed by it.

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.10.2012 , 12:40 AM | #3
Interesting thread. Like the above said, a massive civil war would break out.

Then the hunters like me get more credits
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

shinyelf's Avatar


shinyelf
01.10.2012 , 03:48 AM | #4
there are those who assume that Revan travelled to Dromund Kaas, where he encountered the emperor, then later on he would return to known space and start the war, hoping to manufacture an army great enough to oppose the Sith.
Therefore, war.

MasterKai's Avatar


MasterKai
01.10.2012 , 03:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
War. It's the nature of the Sith. Malak and Revan wouldn't have backed down just so someone else could take over. They'd fight for the right to rule. They'd either defeat the sith empire or be destroyed by it.
TSL also points out that Revan left the Republic's military infrastructure intact when he attacked their worlds. His goal, if he won, would have been to prepare the Republic for war against the Sith Empire.

Malak just destroyed everything in his path. So if he won, the Galaxy was doomed.
Ren Kai, Kreed, Darvati, Iralia Kai, Lok, Verick, Anali, Corinthian
Sentinel, Vanguard, Gunslinger, Sage, Assassin, Juggernaut, Sniper, Powertech
SW:TOR Collectors Edition

Lugtor's Avatar


Lugtor
01.10.2012 , 03:58 AM | #6
When Revan wins (Dark Side ending of Kotor) he controls the Star Forge.
As long as it is under Revans control, I doubt they would have lost the initial war, if there had been any.
But i strongly doubt there would have been an open war. More like a cold war, with so much infighting that it will eventually tear down the Empire.
Alternativley Revan could stall long enough and just overwhelm the Sith Empire with a fleet that they simply could not match.

Edit: How many years are between Kotor and ToR? If i remember corectly, it was around 30 years. In 30 years Revan could have made a fleet that you safley assume would have simply overwhelmed the Sith Empire.



I just began reading "Revan" so i dont know the powers of the Sith Emperor. May be he would have been a threat, and able to kill/assassine Revan and seize control.

KaL_InvictuS's Avatar


KaL_InvictuS
01.10.2012 , 04:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugtor View Post
Edit: How many years are between Kotor and ToR? If i remember corectly, it was around 30 years.

It's actually 300 years.

Lugtor's Avatar


Lugtor
01.10.2012 , 05:23 AM | #8
oh in that case, if revan has not found a dark art of prolonging his life, his legacy would have torn itself apart by the time.

BenjaminminU's Avatar


BenjaminminU
01.10.2012 , 06:52 AM | #9
Revan wanted all along to fight the empire, he attacked the republic to make sure whoever won the war would be strong enough to fight the sith empire. A shame he wasn't ever able to get a message to the republic to tell them what he found.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Dargen's Avatar


Dargen
01.10.2012 , 07:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Revan wanted all along to fight the empire, he attacked the republic to make sure whoever won the war would be strong enough to fight the sith empire. A shame he wasn't ever able to get a message to the republic to tell them what he found.
thats wrong. if you reed revan (the new book) it tells what happenesd when revan went to the outer rim and encounteded dromand kass

Spoiler