Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing and tanking in flash points

Wolftailxx
01.09.2012 , 07:20 PM | #1
Are tanks supposed to hold aggro on all enemies in a pull? Enemies are spread out and I can see the difficulty in doing so. Never played a tank on swtor so I don't know. It seems like alot of the enemies switch targets, including bosses, randomly. So me, as a healer, is left spamming heals on everyone all over the place. Is swtor not as cut and dry as I'm familiar with, like tank tanks enemies while dps watches aggro and healer keeps tank alive.

Kaedea
01.09.2012 , 07:30 PM | #2
What I normally do is CC where we can, and generally get the dps to burn to the normals as prio while I tank the higher ranked tougher ones. tends to work for the most part!

And places where thats not entirely possible ive been able to knock some of the tougher ones off to their death.

EbonPhoenix
01.09.2012 , 07:53 PM | #3
Me and a friend leveled our characters from 1 to 50 together, he played jugger tank spec, and I was SI heal spec. We would let our companions DPS and would be able to finish Heroic 4's by ourself with quick target switching and using our 1 CC (my whirlwind). My friend was able to keep aggro using his taunt when needed to easily manage any pull we ran into, multiple elites were no problem at all.

Then we got to lvl 50 and tried 1 instance with 2 other people, who had also just turned lvl 50. For some reason, my friend couldn't pull anything back to himself even using multiple high threat attacks.

I know this is a strange question, but are mob's mechanics just different in lvl 50 flashpoints?
Ziost Combine Guild LeaderDDE ACTIVE

FiftyPercentGrey
01.09.2012 , 08:04 PM | #4
Guard, high thread attacks, taunt - if he is using all of those and it wouldnt work your DDs are crap. DDs should be able to focus and/or reset their aggro (you can reduce/reset their aggro, too, as a Sith Sorcerer).

It is not always the tank. The DDs have to do their part, too. Try to talk to them.
Since it is quite easy to get other DDs just kick those who just cant listen.