Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Wasbeer
01.09.2012 , 12:46 PM | #221
The devs have already said their working to fix these issues. By issues I mean the problems with unmirrored cooldowns etc. Many issues brought up by people as imbalance are mistakes on their part in understanding classes. For example a jedi shadow saying that they have only a 10m range on their rocks while sith sorcerers have 30m range with lightening and calling it an overpowered class because of it. I wasn't aware melee classes should have ranged distance abilities. There are many abilities affected by talents or simply the advanced class choice. A reminder for those who forgot or weren't aware of this.

Dusksoverture
01.09.2012 , 12:59 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
So two rocks hitting you in 1, then close to 2 seconds doesn't actually make any difference compared to two shocks hitting you instantly at the moment you press the button? Quite the ignorant way of looking at major problems. As much as i love the "RP" element of throwing rocks, R2D2s and other droid parts at someone's face, project is completely inferior compared to shock. Why? Because i have a 50 sage and i played a sorc in the beta and i can tell you that the difference is HUGE. And all this because of a stupid animation. Basically project is not instant.

Watch the difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMjakXfQ100

And this is from 15m. The skill has 30m range. So if you shoot from maximum distance it will actually take MORE time to reach the target. And the funny thing - 4 pieces Champ set bonus that gives Project/Shock +5m more range. So this becomes 35m. And this means it becomes even worse. The longer the distance is, project becomes worse and worse. And you don't see a problem with that? In PvP this is a huge problem since it's one of our main instant nukes - stopping runners, initial burst, finishing off ppl (if i shoot a Shock at you - no potion or shield can save you because it instantly hits you, if i shoot a Project - you can CAST/USE pot and save yourself, because the damn rock arrives in ~2 sec...).

So here's one major difference between 2 supposedly "mirrored" classes.

It got caught. They just didn't do anything to fix it. Unless all these "minor imbalances" were intended...

Lightning travels at 3,700 miles per second. How fast do you think throwing a giant rock would take?

Rockstar
01.09.2012 , 01:28 PM | #223
Not letting this die.

Vodrin
01.09.2012 , 01:36 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
Also while you are at it, take a look at electrocute. From what I gather from reading and doing actual PvP, nothing stops this ability. It stuns people with full resolve bars, it pulls people out of cover, and when a scoundrel blows dodge (for you WoW players its cloak of shadows) it still lands. In fact, i was playing my scoundrel who had a full resolve bar and dodge up, and I got stunned by electrocute.
Couple of things here. Dodge does nothing to protect against electrocute or force stun. It gives 100% protection against ranged and melee attacks. It does didly for force and tech attacks. Electrocute is a force attack.

Electrocute does not ignore resolve. I've tested it since I have been seeing this claim a good deal. Did a /duel with a buddy and my Jugg. Just remember you are only immune after the bar has fully filled (the semicircle one above your portrate, not the one above your character [it fills on 800 resolve points while it takes 1000 to grant immunity) and is decaying back to 0. You probably were not quite full when the stun hit you.

ururururu
01.09.2012 , 01:46 PM | #225
Every one of these bugs is in favor of empire. Considering the population imbalance, can we get some priority on getting these fixed?

ZDProletariat
01.09.2012 , 02:04 PM | #226
I have a feeling there are too many PVErs in here whining about these things.
I play a smuggler. Specifically, I play a sharpshooter which relies on cover and I don't even complain. I've found a way to pvp with it, it works.
The major problem I have with this thread, is the talk about sabo charge. The animation takes forever, but the skill sticks to the enemy the absolute instant you cast it. All you have to do is animation cancel, and blast it. Simple.
I admit flash grenade CD needs to be looked at, and being rooted for performing our stun is a problem, but sabo charge isn't.
You guys need to learn how to use your skills, which skills you have to watch the animation of, and which you don't.

Please, don't tell me you fellow smugglers out there actually watch your quickdraw animation. The instant you fire it, the damage hits and you can run.
I actually haven't even seen the beginning animation of quickdraw for so long, I'm beginning to forget what it looks like.

anedorivan
01.09.2012 , 02:11 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
The more I look into this and the more I read about all of the differences, the more it pisses me off.

Why does every single advantage go to the Empire?

Can anyone site one difference in mirror class functionality that favors the Republic?

From animations, to front loaded damage, to mirrored talents... every single advantage goes to the Empire. That's insane.

It's absurd that there are so many differences and they all favor the Empire players. Every base class has at least one mirror discrepancy and they all favor the Empire player.

This issue is more than deserving of a letter to the community from someone on the dev team.

This is bush-league stuff and it exacerbates the skewed faction populations.

And to address this, instead of balancing the class so that they truly reflect each other, they're making more Warzones cross-faction playable.

Awesome...
Agreed 100%.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Anedorivan is an honorary member of Havoc Squad. The man can easily take what he dishes out.
"The only ones who should kill, are those prepared to be killed" Lelouch Vi Brittania.

Rockstar
01.09.2012 , 04:57 PM | #228
bump

10 chars

Darcmoon
01.09.2012 , 07:04 PM | #229
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...18#edit1347418

Just so everyone knows. They admit they messed up on the 60 vs 90 sec cooldowns (but don't say which it should be).
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Dredlord
01.09.2012 , 07:44 PM | #230
I unsubbed after reading this, does every dev have a red sabre up their ***?

This many issues for only one faction does not happen by mistake...