Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Arkulin
01.09.2012 , 06:30 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Apologies in advance to those patiently waiting here.

I won't have a response for you today, but will tomorrow.
Thank you.

LGalucard
01.09.2012 , 06:31 PM | #352
At the very least we know we are not being ignored, im happy this finally got some attention.

Ashes_Arizona
01.09.2012 , 06:32 PM | #353

Not to call you out SR cause this isn't your issue, its the internal QA division's issue, but seriously, why do you even have to go find a response for this?

I reported this issue IN BETA when it occurred in the build that it occurred in and I've got the ticket number in my CS History to prove it.

I reported the issue just after release via another CS Ticket, with all the information as shown in the thread linked in my signature and got the standard "Thanks for reporting this we will send this on to one of our specialized teams...." responses which is the exact same response I got on the original bug report I submitted on this issue in beta.

If you don't have an answer to this carved into the wall next to you by now, then someone hasn't been doing their job in CS/QA/Debug, because they've had well over a MONTH since this bug became evident in the final beta build to "come up with an answer".

And we still don't have an answer.

And if your answer tomorrow is "We've decided to lock texture resolution to help make performance better for everyone!" I will log into this website and drop my subscription cause what texture resolution I personally use has nothing to do with overall performance for other peoples clients.

Seriously, I won't pay 15 bucks a month when there are Free to Play games with better graphics. To be frank TOR was the only reason I fell back into the MMO briar patch and if you all don't fix this problem and stop acting like you have no idea whats caused it and stop playing dumb with the community I am very quickly going to extricate myself from the briar patch once more and I could care less what happens to this game after that.

psheets
01.09.2012 , 06:33 PM | #354

Thank you

carnac_fett
01.09.2012 , 06:34 PM | #355

Thanks Mr. Reid.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Adamant
01.09.2012 , 06:36 PM | #356

Thank you.

Ashes_Arizona
01.09.2012 , 06:40 PM | #357
Also to add, why is patch 1.1 on the PTR enabling anti-aliasing if the texture resolution issue doesn't have a readily available answer?

Cart before the horse much?

Archetypee
01.09.2012 , 06:47 PM | #358

Good man. While this is a rather absurd problem, seeing an apology from a developer makes me feel like I just caught a Unicorn.
-Archetype, 41 Assassin

eskachig
01.09.2012 , 06:51 PM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Also to add, why is patch 1.1 on the PTR enabling anti-aliasing if the texture resolution issue doesn't have a readily available answer?

Cart before the horse much?
The two have nothing to do with each other. You should be playing with AA, one way or another - it makes the game look a thousand times better.

Kittypryde
01.09.2012 , 06:56 PM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Not to call you out SR cause this isn't your issue, its the internal QA division's issue, but seriously, why do you even have to go find a response for this?

I reported this issue IN BETA when it occurred in the build that it occurred in and I've got the ticket number in my CS History to prove it.

I reported the issue just after release via another CS Ticket, with all the information as shown in the thread linked in my signature and got the standard "Thanks for reporting this we will send this on to one of our specialized teams...." responses which is the exact same response I got on the original bug report I submitted on this issue in beta.

If you don't have an answer to this carved into the wall next to you by now, then someone hasn't been doing their job in CS/QA/Debug, because they've had well over a MONTH since this bug became evident in the final beta build to "come up with an answer".

And we still don't have an answer.

And if your answer tomorrow is "We've decided to lock texture resolution to help make performance better for everyone!" I will log into this website and drop my subscription cause what texture resolution I personally use has nothing to do with overall performance for other peoples clients.

Seriously, I won't pay 15 bucks a month when there are Free to Play games with better graphics. To be frank TOR was the only reason I fell back into the MMO briar patch and if you all don't fix this problem and stop acting like you have no idea whats caused it and stop playing dumb with the community I am very quickly going to extricate myself from the briar patch once more and I could care less what happens to this game after that.
Not to sound rude but you sound like your just looking for any reason to drop your sub so go ahead......

I have a feeling as well as you do that it's not gonna be the answer your hoping for if it was an easy fix the textures would already be in simple as that we all know it.....

And being catty and rude isn't really gonna help them get it in any quicker maybe you think so but sorry to tell you it wont.....
I support Same Gender Romance Arcs in The Old Republic