Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

carnac_fett
01.09.2012 , 05:18 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by BeeblesTV View Post
Any update yet?
Direct Feed from Bioware HQ...

*door is thrown open*

Stephen Reid: Graphics department! I've just gotten word from the forums that the players have noticed the high-res texture setting does nothing!

Jim: Oh, don't worry, in the next patch the High texture setting is going to enable the Medium textures.

Stephen Reid: That doesn't make sense.

Jim: It does if we remove the Medium setting!

Stephen Reid: But I just promised them we'd resolve this issue.

Jim: No problem! Bill's in our closet/office in the back working on fixing the high-res textures in time for the first expansion.

Bill: We've already printed the box!

Introducing Star Wars: The Old Republic: Warfront!

*New super high-resolution TEXTURES!
*Exclusive access to non-sharded servers!
*Brand-new "Smooth-a-tron" technology introduces an alternate skill queue system that eliminates 'tactical contemplation periods' - known by many as 'ability delay'.
*Special slow-mo bullet time feature that you can engage during conversations with aliens, allowing you to fully read the subtitles for the first time ever!

Stephen Reid: This is brilliant, but the players will be disappointed.

Jim: Don't worry! Now that we're pretending the high-quality textures never existed during actual gameplay, the graphics department will have time to work on other features!

Bob: Breast physics will be in-game by September!

Everyone: LOL
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

MaxWham
01.09.2012 , 05:30 PM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post

Direct Feed from Bioware HQ...

*door is thrown open*

Stephen Reid: Graphics department! I've just gotten word from the forums that the players have noticed the high-res texture setting does nothing!

Jim: Oh, don't worry, in the next patch the High texture setting is going to enable the Medium textures.

Stephen Reid: That doesn't make sense.

Jim: It does if we remove the Medium setting!

Stephen Reid: But I just promised them we'd resolve this issue.

Jim: No problem! Bill's in our closet/office in the back working on fixing the high-res textures in time for the first expansion.

Bill: We've already printed the box!

Introducing Star Wars: The Old Republic: Warfront!

*Brand-new "Smooth-a-tron" technology introduces an alternate skill queue system that eliminates 'tactical contemplation periods' - known by many as 'ability delay'.
*Special slow-mo bullet time feature that you can engage during conversations with aliens, allowing you to fully read the subtitles for the first time ever!

Stephen Reid: This is brilliant, but the players will be disappointed.

Jim: Don't worry! Now that we're pretending the high-quality textures never existed during actual gameplay, the graphics department will have time to work on other features!

Bob: Breast physics will be in-game by September!

Everyone: LOL
Good one, Bro

Crassius
01.09.2012 , 05:33 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post

*Special slow-mo bullet time feature that you can engage during conversations with aliens, allowing you to fully read the subtitles for the first time ever![/b]
Well they better get off their behinds and start seriously working on these issues. The next MMORPG is already around the corner and I'm sure it won't look so ugly or have this wierd "ability stuttering" that's more annoying than everything else.
"Recitation: Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy…"

Tenceriker
01.09.2012 , 05:40 PM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by BeeblesTV View Post
Any update yet?
Nothing yet.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Ancen
01.09.2012 , 05:47 PM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.
Thanks for the acknowledgement... it goes a long way .

Kraylessa
01.09.2012 , 06:16 PM | #346
Quote: Originally Posted by Anareon View Post
The textures you were seeing in pre-release videos and stills were for marketing promotions.
I believe that's called "false advertising".
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.

Waypoc
01.09.2012 , 06:16 PM | #347
Hey all, wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.
Details? What details? The game is muddy and chalky and looks like concept art.

Even still it's a beautiful game. Imagine how much more so if we had higher detail.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chief Martin C. Brody View Post
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

StephenReid
01.09.2012 , 06:22 PM | #348
Apologies in advance to those patiently waiting here.

I won't have a response for you today, but will tomorrow.

Aisar
01.09.2012 , 06:24 PM | #349
It's gonna be raining fire up in here if/when he replies. Keep in mind he did not promise anything, besides that he would talk to the team about it. He also said either probably today or try today i dont know exactly i dont care but he did not say "i will get back to you today with an answer". it was something like, "i will try to get back to you guys, possibly by the end of today."

i know i need to look at it exactly.

Just saying don't get your hopes up. But if they are coming back in i have to find my credit card.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

RachelAnne
01.09.2012 , 06:25 PM | #350
Apologies in advance to those patiently waiting here.

I won't have a response for you today, but will tomorrow.
Thank you