Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Next for Star Wars MOVIES?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What Next for Star Wars MOVIES?

ThumbtackJake
01.09.2012 , 02:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Make a new Era Lucas. Or tell someone else to. No more skywalkers or Solo's,
This.

Though personally, I'd be interested in seeing something more about the Shadow War Chronicles (aka sequel to Willow) but apparently it didn't do well enough at the box office to warrant more movies so Lucas had them turned into books.

JohraTon
01.09.2012 , 04:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ScubaStevo View Post
I think it would be awesome if they made Knights of the Old Republic into a live action feature film. Christian Bale as Revan, Kate Breckenstale as Bastila, and Jason Statham as Malak...EPIC. Maybe have Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo. Think about that.
Holy crap that would be too good, Jason Statham as Malak.

REVAN! you Slaaagggg
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

sithlordcip
01.09.2012 , 05:05 AM | #23
Stop crying about the prequels, all the movies are win and awesome.

Now for a new series of movies I would love to see Revan or Exar Kun or Darth Bane in them with the Brotherhood of darkness
Killing Jedi is my hobby!

fro_do_fraggins
01.09.2012 , 04:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
I'd like to think that the hypothetical Episodes 7, 8, and 9 could be much, much better than the Thrawn Trilogy.
Agreed. The post ROTJ EU novels are highly overrated by many. Too many people were just happy to have our characters back in new stories.
(████████████████████[╫///////////╫]█████████████████████)

fro_do_fraggins
01.09.2012 , 04:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
In a 2008 interview with Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX."
Well, once he's gone I don't think anything will stop the eventual sequels. It's not like the empire would suddenly crumble after the death of the emperor and vader.

Does he want lucas arts to just tell stories about the clone wars ad nauseum? If anything, the empire would be more interesting with power struggles now that the sith are gone.
(████████████████████[╫///////////╫]█████████████████████)

rossonja
01.09.2012 , 04:21 PM | #26
I just wish Lucas would stop being a tightwad and either make more himself or let someone else do some. He allows for people to write books....why not allow them to make movies about their books or just more movies in general? I think he is scared someone will outdo him. Either way, he would be there to make tons of profit off of it so I don't see the dilemma.

Kaskava
01.09.2012 , 04:29 PM | #27
The Great Hyperspace War or the Sith War would be my vote.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.