Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

DarkDruidSS
01.09.2012 , 01:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by omgitsbrad View Post
uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.
I am sorry that George Lucas crapped on your parade. Let me introduce...

http://http://starwars.wikia.com/wik...r_(lightsaber)

Which is in Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.
Beatrush - 50 Assassin | Satellitebeam - 50 Sniper
Katastrophe - 41 Powertech | Ømnislash - 34 Marauder
Highwind - 29 Commando | ßraver - 23 Sentinel
Finalheaven - 21 Sage | Bigbrawl - 14 Scoundrel

Jellison
01.09.2012 , 02:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrifKaylon View Post
There are precedents for all sorts of crazy lightsaber colors, actually:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal

There's even a precedent for a multi-colored "rainbow" blade.

I'm a pretty huge fan. I welcome crazy lightsaber colors - in fact, I think that's one of the best ways to continually expand itemization and differentiate more prestigious gear.

Personally, I would love a dual-rainbow bladed lightsaber - that would be so intense.
3 sith surround jedi consular. "We've got you now..." The moment draws close, the air grows cold. An orange, two red and a purple lightsaber ignite. Suddenly, a shining myriad of colors overwhelm the seriousness of the scene, burning the brains of the sith slowly to a mush as painfully as can be... One of them screams, "WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!" The other mutters something about trains always departing but never arriving, and the last one stabbed himself immediately with his lightsaber to avoid the visions he knew were coming.

Yup.

Rainbow lightsabers.

Republic Wins, because the dark side cannot tolerate rainbow power. I should know.

I are jedi consular pony, my racial is the stare.
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.

Undercoverwrx
01.09.2012 , 02:03 PM | #13
Lol. Feel like we are in a bad mashup of Star wars meets Care Bears. I dont care what color the saber is, you cant defend yourself against my care bear stare.

DarkDruidSS
01.09.2012 , 02:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
3 sith surround jedi consular. "We've got you now..." The moment draws close, the air grows cold. An orange, two red and a purple lightsaber ignite. Suddenly, a shining myriad of colors overwhelm the seriousness of the scene, burning the brains of the sith slowly to a mush as painfully as can be... One of them screams, "WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!" The other mutters something about trains always departing but never arriving, and the last one stabbed himself immediately with his lightsaber to avoid the visions he knew were coming.

Yup.

Rainbow lightsabers.

Republic Wins, because the dark side cannot tolerate rainbow power. I should know.

I are jedi consular pony, my racial is the stare.
LULZ. Epic post. Thanks.
Beatrush - 50 Assassin | Satellitebeam - 50 Sniper
Katastrophe - 41 Powertech | Ømnislash - 34 Marauder
Highwind - 29 Commando | ßraver - 23 Sentinel
Finalheaven - 21 Sage | Bigbrawl - 14 Scoundrel

ErikModi
01.09.2012 , 05:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDruidSS View Post
I am sorry that George Lucas crapped on your parade. Let me introduce...

http://http://starwars.wikia.com/wik...r_(lightsaber)

Which is in Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.
You beat me to it.

Black lightsabers have also appeared in The Force Unleashed. I even remember hearing about an EU story that covered the mysterious Dark Jedi Yoda encountered on Dagobah (mentioned briefly in the Thrawn Trilogy, the one who's death created the Dark Side cave) who wielded a black-bladed lightsaber. But, since I have never seen any corroborating evidence for even the existence of this story, I do not cite it as canon.

Still, they exist in Star Wars, and claims to the contrary are simply misinformed.

RossWright
02.03.2012 , 08:08 AM | #16
That is very very insulting i think the black and blue lightsaber is awesome and i have read every book that has been published, just cause i think something is new and different in the star wars universe doesnt make me less of a fan

Varturius
02.03.2012 , 09:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sky_walkerPL View Post
But you don't want black-blue crystal. Black sabers are one of things that distinguish lame players with no respect to Star Wars from everyone else.
This right here makes me want to get it, just to piss these people off lol.
<This Space for Rent>

CaBong
02.03.2012 , 09:58 AM | #18
]uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.[/QUOTE]

No, it just means you are more anal about it. Who cares if it was in the original story? If I remember correctly there were only a couple different colors in the ORIGINAL story. More were added with each successive story.

windezz
02.03.2012 , 10:51 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by omgitsbrad View Post
uh, yes?

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.
Too bad this game isn't exclusively dedicated to fans, eh?

The more colors the better, I need to recruit some marauders so we can have a rave at the local cantina next time.

Tadshackles
02.03.2012 , 11:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrifKaylon View Post
Personally, I would love a dual-rainbow bladed lightsaber - that would be so intense.
Salacious Rainbow Crystal:
Req lvl 50
+99% Chance of being Faaaaaaaaabulousssss!
"The problem with internet quotes is that many are not genuine"
~Abraham Lincoln