Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who thought this loot system was good?

IRPepper
01.09.2012 , 01:25 AM | #1
Whoever came up with the auto assign loot system has obviously never played an MMO. It often gives people the wrong gear, and there is literally no point to master loot. Guilds cannot use any sort of reward loot system, and you might have to see a piece of loot you need given to the wrong spec. UI is among the easiest things to code, and they completely failed at it. I love every other aspect of this game, but seriously give us a modifiable UI, control of loot, addons, and a combat text window.
Battlefield Grunts
Communication, Coordination, Organization
Join Us! Website: swtor.bfgrunts.com TeamSpeak 3: ts.bfgrunts.com:9104

Aydos
01.09.2012 , 11:24 AM | #2
My guild ran an op this weekend and I had the loot set to Master loot.

When we killed the Rancor boss and he dropped his loot I looted him and could see all the gear and I could right click assign gear to anyone if we were doing loot cancel.

However, the master loot also appears to auto assign loot based off of class and spec and the people can right click and get what they were assigned.

Real World Example.
The boss dropped
1 Heavy Armor Armstech recipe
1 Jedi Knight Tanking gloves
1 Jedi Knight Tier Token
and 1 other piece that I do not recall.

I was the masterlooter, but when anyone else in the raid looked at the loot they could see a name next to the loot for each piece and that person could right click the loot and it would go to them.

I tanked on a JK Guardian and we had a JK Sentinel DPS. The tank gloves were assigned to me and the tier 2 token was assigned to the Sent. It basically gave us each a piece of gear.

There were 2 armstech guys one was a GS and the other a Commando. The commando was assigned the recipe.

A final piece dropped I do not recall what it was, but it went to the appropriate person in the group.

However, I could just tell my guild not to loot and assign it anyway.

That is how it worked for me in practice does anyone else have anything else have any of their own experiences to share?

Ganrax
01.09.2012 , 12:33 PM | #3
But it's an amazing system! It prevents everyone in the group from getting pissed off about ninja looting by making everyone a ninja looter whether they like it or not.

On a serious note, yeah it really sucks, I've "looted" 4 pieces now that I didn't need while another Commando in my group did need them. Went right to my companion that I only use for dailies and crafting.