Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Kraylessa
01.09.2012 , 11:13 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Caonimah View Post
Imagine if they shipped the game and instead of having Low, Medium, High for texture options it only had Low and Medium?
Isn't that exactly what happened?
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.

madeineurope
01.09.2012 , 11:16 AM | #212
i am all for high rez textures, ive seen them in the betas. but i would rather them work out some gameplay bugs first. That being said, a confirmation from someone about the state of the low-medium-high settings vs the low-high in the ptr would be appreciated.

For some reason, my jugg seems to have high rez textures, but all my other toons dont, its just might be the armor hes wearing or that im blind.

ill post ss later today.

p.s. someone from bioware will post something, its still morning in pst time, so chill out **** will get sorted out

Kraylessa
01.09.2012 , 11:19 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by madeineurope View Post
p.s. someone from bioware will post something, its still morning in pst time, so chill out **** will get sorted out
Except that the Bioware SWTOR team is in Austin, which is Central Time where it is already after 11:00 am.
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.

Caonimah
01.09.2012 , 11:20 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraylessa View Post
Isn't that exactly what happened?
Yes, but the placebo effect of having a High option is still there. Imagine if there weren't any high option, not in the UI. People would go "Bioware why isnt there a high option for textures!?"

madeineurope
01.09.2012 , 11:25 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraylessa View Post
Except that the Bioware SWTOR team is in Austin, which is Central Time where it is already after 11:00 am.
True i forgot about that, either way its a monday, everyone hates mondays. Something will be said about this issue sooner then later. Someone should tweet Reid, i would but i dont have a twitter account.

Your_dominus
01.09.2012 , 11:25 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
You do realize that it is not a forum moderator's job to know anything about in game bug fixes and keeping the community informed about such issues?

I personally would be more worried if the game developers were spending a lot of time here on the forum discussing with us, instead of fixing and resolving urgent issues.
Who said I was bashing the forum mods, or mistaking what their job is or isn't?
I was Hating on the complete lack of Dev presence.
But hey, glad I could clear that up for ya.

And your last bit is just.....what?
Ignoring hundreds...thousands of players because..what? they're hard at work implementing proper textures? lol ok.

ToonPhil
01.09.2012 , 11:30 AM | #217
GW2 already had more graphical settings back in its Oct. 2011 build as well as support for stereoscopic 3D. It also has an option for 'High Res Composite Textures'.

(Pic)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ttingsbui.png/

masterneo
01.09.2012 , 11:32 AM | #218
Bump for Dev Response......
Sanctuary - Sith'ari EU - Member
Anaru - Jedi Sage 50
Asoka - Jedi Guardian 23
Justice - Jedi Shadow 33

Chromiie
01.09.2012 , 11:39 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by ToonPhil View Post
GW2 already had more graphical settings back in its Oct. 2011 build as well as support for stereoscopic 3D. It also has an option for 'High Res Composite Textures'.

(Pic)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ttingsbui.png/
GW2 looks goregous.
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader

carnac_fett
01.09.2012 , 11:39 AM | #220
If they end up withholding the high-res textures for the first expansion, I won't be coming back to TOR until the first expansion is on sale for dirt-cheap. If that means I won't be playing TOR again until 2017, that's fine with me.

This is the last thing I saw before I quit playing a few days ago:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1...0722193674.png

No thanks.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)