Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Chromiie
01.09.2012 , 10:36 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by BossJ View Post
I 100% agree. it's completely true. With a game like this from a company like this, I'd expect atleast an answer. especially if the textures were better in beta.
I expect SKYRIM quality, maybe not in graphics, but that kind of a quality game.
Skyrim is ugly. You come to a thread abou lowres textures and say Skyrim is better? Now back on topic *** Bioware!
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader

Venares
01.09.2012 , 10:36 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Your_dominus View Post
This, is all they ever have to say about anything. That and removing posts, or handing out infractions. Super duper on the ball forum mods!....with no Dev / GAME representation what so ever.
Horrible customer service.
Sadly I have to agree.
Worst CS I have every seen, especialy in a AAA title.
"Recitation: If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

Caonimah
01.09.2012 , 10:36 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
You imagine too much.
This is an issue that will be fixed definitely, it is not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN it will happen.
They aren't trying to scam you, me, or anyone else, because it is impossible and your idea of a thing like this going unnoticed by a majority of players is just wrong.
It is actually quite the opposite since the majority of players are very much aware of this, not to mention the fact that there is a load of screenshots and videos on the internet where a difference in quality compared to the state of textures right now is clearly visible.
The same way shadow options, aa, match to chest piece all magically dissipated from the beta client without a proper explanation first. They will EVENTUALLY get around them, maybe. Big maybe. Until they actually do apply them and they work as intended then we can say it actually got done and they weren't just bluffing.

People jumped on the AA thing because its one of those sure fire things people look for. Imagine if they shipped the game and instead of having Low, Medium, High for texture options it only had Low and Medium? How would the vast majority of consumers react to this?

Cadivus
01.09.2012 , 10:37 AM | #184
Not anytime soon is my reflexive thought.With all the ZOMG NERD Ragers crying UN-SUB! on account of FPS issues doubt we will see High Res Texturing on this awful awful MMO(Visually speaking ofc)...Just awful.Sorry to any Bioware readers but it's terrible...BETA was idd nicer.Awful...Just give people the option.If they can run it fine if not that's why you have LOW,MEDIUM settings.That other MMO Juggernaught has better graphics and that's gotta sting.Excuse the rant.Awful
I used to be a hardcore BIOWARE fan/costumer.As it turns out i am just a REDZONE ROMANIAN

Knyghtprowler
01.09.2012 , 10:40 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Chromiie View Post
Skyrim is ugly. You come to a thread abou lowres textures and say Skyrim is better? Now back on topic *** Bioware!
Well - skyrim allows for mods, and there are amazing high res texture packs that a lot of the skyrim players use.

Using high res mods on Skyrim blows away any game I can think of.
MMO Fan:50% StarWars Fan:0% RPG Fan:0% Mods Fan:25% Macro Fan:25%

Vlacke
01.09.2012 , 10:40 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Your_dominus View Post
This, is all they ever have to say about anything. That and removing posts, or handing out infractions. Super duper on the ball forum mods!....with no Dev / GAME representation what so ever.
Horrible customer service.
You do realize that it is not a forum moderator's job to know anything about in game bug fixes and keeping the community informed about such issues?

I personally would be more worried if the game developers were spending a lot of time here on the forum discussing with us, instead of fixing and resolving urgent issues.

Barracudastr
01.09.2012 , 10:41 AM | #187
I think bioware should remove all screen shots in the media area and replace them with the screen shots that have medium textures instead because all the screen shots are using high textures with AA to show off whats not actually in game.

False advertising.

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 10:41 AM | #188
It's the CS representitive's job to inform the developers of such issues, though. And I hope they are doing it.

Megaloz
01.09.2012 , 10:42 AM | #189
First of all yes, im one of the pissed off people about this nonsense. This is complete embarrasement for a AAA company that spent what? $200 million or w.e. Anyways...

Dont they have people SPECIFICALLY with one job, and ONE job only....to look at forums and communicate? They have people for this SPECIFIC position right?

I really dont get, MMO after MMO, why cant they communicate ALOT more.

Guys, lets be honest, most of us here, devour these forums, we read alot, we probably reply alot, and its not even our jobs!

I can probably EASILY see myself responding to at least 50 threads a day if it was my JOB. I dont know, i just dont get why these companies just cant post more damnit.

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 10:45 AM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Megaloz View Post
First of all yes, im one of the pissed off people about this nonsense. This is complete embarrasement for a AAA company that spent what? $200 million or w.e. Anyways...

Dont they have people SPECIFICALLY with one job, and ONE job only....to look at forums and communicate? They have people for this SPECIFIC position right?

I really dont get, MMO after MMO, why cant they communicate ALOT more.

Guys, lets be honest, most of us here, devour these forums, we read alot, we probably reply alot, and its not even our jobs!

I can probably EASILY see myself responding to at least 50 threads a day if it was my JOB. I dont know, i just dont get why these companies just cant post more damnit.
Aggree. I, too, am wondering why developers don't learn from other MMO's and their communities. Rapid and honest communication is the best way to respond to any issue.