Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What stats for healing hard modes?

Poganin
01.09.2012 , 06:02 AM | #1
Yesterday I set foot in hard mode Esseles for the first time and my party (vanguard and two shadows, me healing as sage) got completely destroyed by the first boss. There was too much party damage from the endless adds for me to keep everyone up. I couldn't even make use of procced force regen because each gcd had to be dedicated to casting a heal. So I'm guessing it must have been my gear that was lacking but it's blue lvl 50 stuff with most other items being orange moddables in the 47-50 range. My Willpower is around 1030. Should I rework the mods in my gear and perhaps remove alacrity in favour of power/force power?

Or was the party composition at fault here? Any input would be welcome.
Bear Infinitive - the patron saint of translators.

malevs
01.09.2012 , 06:06 AM | #2
Sounds like a gear issue for you / the tank.

Also don't bring melee if you can bring a ranged.

Tarengrim
01.09.2012 , 06:09 AM | #3
Actually I would not recommend Esseles as the first HC FP. We had some troubles too with that one. False Emporer was at least in my eyes, way easier. So you might want to try that instead.

As for gear, you can always grind some PvP to get just slightly worse gear for PvP. Mind you, PvP is way faster.

Poganin
01.09.2012 , 06:24 AM | #4
So, is there a difficulty ranking of hard modes somewhere?

Kosmacz
01.09.2012 , 06:37 AM | #5
Sounds to me as tank/dps issues. First boss in Essels is an easy mode if:
Boss is facet away from the party.
Adds are dpsed ASAP.

And that's really all. There is no much damage on party. If this one was a trouble then the next one will be your worst *********** nightmare :-)

NovaTiempo
01.09.2012 , 06:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Poganin View Post
So, is there a difficulty ranking of hard modes somewhere?
This would be a wonderful list! or, at least, a suggessted starting point. I spent most of the game with my healing commando, brothers vanguard tank and knight dps trioing everything. Naturally, we got flattened by HM esseles, which we tried as soon as we got to 50. Best Ive done yet is ironfist 40%...

Still, I like the fact that the hardmodes are actually difficult. Wouldnt want to clear the game out too fast

deserttfoxx
01.09.2012 , 06:48 AM | #7
You need rating 116 gear to start hard modes, you get them from whatever your level 50 planet is with commendations, or you can goto illum and just do dailies.

Your gear sucks, plain and simple.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

Poganin
01.09.2012 , 06:51 AM | #8
Where do I check the gear rating? I don't remember there being a stat like this on item tooltips.

Togruta-Padawan
01.09.2012 , 07:01 AM | #9
It's always showed gear rating for me on items I just assumed it was built in it should say rating in Parenthesis somewhere near the armor of the item in blue
-----------------------]//////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[------------------------

Mikesglory
01.09.2012 , 07:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
You need rating 116 gear to start hard modes, you get them from whatever your level 50 planet is with commendations, or you can goto illum and just do dailies.

Your gear sucks, plain and simple.
We did hardmodes with people in L40-50 green gear, you really dont need anything close to rating 116 to complete these.