Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jawa balloon in Tatooine disappeared WHILE riding it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Jawa balloon in Tatooine disappeared WHILE riding it!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slushh
01.07.2012 , 02:53 AM | #31
Happened to me 1 times out of 3. The first time I made it by myself, I got the datacron on top of the crawler and missed the one on the ledge (very pissed off). I went back to the start point and grabbed another balloon and it despawned on me within sight of the target.

The 3rd time a few hours later I was riding with a sith inquisitor and made it all the way but missed the damn ledge again. Luckily the inquisitor was able to blast me onto the ledge and I got the 2nd datacron.

MaxStampeder
01.08.2012 , 08:56 PM | #32
Now the balloon has totally vanished after encountering same issue as the OP.

I'm 4 minutes away from boarding, and the balloon is no where in sight.

This is on the Flames of the Crucible EU Server.

darthtoph
01.08.2012 , 08:56 PM | #33
Happened to me and a friendly Imp 10 minutes ago. Piss off BW!
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

Cerimon
01.08.2012 , 10:23 PM | #34 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Please use the in-game /bug function to report this issue as the more information we have regarding a problem the better and quicker we can provide an effective resolution.

***EDIT***
Please generate an in-game support request ticket using the bug report category to report this issue. Please do not use the in-game /bug function.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DarthGuido
03.03.2012 , 07:39 PM | #35
I had this happen to me tonight. It looks like the balloon is resetting or something. I rode back to try to catch it again and it was already a few minutes away from the sandcrawler that you hop on to catch it. Very frustrating.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

bhowiebkr
03.03.2012 , 07:43 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by darthtoph View Post
Happened to me and a friendly Imp 10 minutes ago. Piss off BW!
yeah that was me! damn balloon.. ARG!

DarthGuido
03.03.2012 , 07:46 PM | #37
I had this happen to me tonight. It looks like the balloon is resetting or something. I rode back to try to catch it again and it was already a few minutes away from the sandcrawler that you hop on to catch it. Very frustrating.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Valethar
03.03.2012 , 07:50 PM | #38
What we need to do is send a fleet to Azeroth.

Once there, we send down an invasion force, and enslave as many Gnomes and Goblins as possible, then import them to Tatooine.

While that fleet is gone, we mobilize another fleet, exterminate the Jawas, and prepare the planet for it's new inhabitants.

Within days we'll see construction beginning on a new fleet of airships that not only do not vanish mere yards from their destination, but will move faster and be steerable by more than a Womp Rat passing gas 100 kilometers away.

Or we could just leave the Jawas on Tatooine, and import the Gnomes and Goblins to Austin, TX instead.

One way or the other, the balloon would get fixed.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Krannurak
04.12.2012 , 07:52 AM | #39
I, like the rest of you, experienced this same thing in sight of the datacrons and the attendant sandcrawler. I was so mad that I went Anakin on every Tuskan that I could find -- it did give me some relief and then I sent an in-game cs request/ticket and got the "sorry for the inconvenience" blurb in response. I was pissed and killed every Tuskan again! I was at 28+ mins into the 30 min ride. HOWEVER....

According to the Legacy 1.2 patch notes, this has been fixed!!!! I will try again with my new toon.

Infidelux
06.25.2012 , 12:17 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Krannurak View Post
I, like the rest of you, experienced this same thing in sight of the datacrons and the attendant sandcrawler. I was so mad that I went Anakin on every Tuskan that I could find -- it did give me some relief and then I sent an in-game cs request/ticket and got the "sorry for the inconvenience" blurb in response. I was pissed and killed every Tuskan again! I was at 28+ mins into the 30 min ride. HOWEVER....

According to the Legacy 1.2 patch notes, this has been fixed!!!! I will try again with my new toon.
It has not been fixed. We just had it happen while riding, we sat down to stop the crazy running around that the poor update logic causes while riding with others in the balloon and when we stood up, poof we were on the ground and the balloon was 300 meters away.
-=Infidelux=-