Can you explain your gear progression system please

I don't understand much the gear progression system implemented in this game. Let me explain what's weird in my opinion.

I recently did a few days of PvP war zones after I reached level 50, and I could loot a very nice laser saber for my sentinel (a champion one, therefore a T1 PvP item I guess). I now have 3 pieces of T2 armor, one laser saber, and two implants.

Now, when I look at the laser saber I can get in PvE, it does not look really better than the one I could get in PvP. Except that it would take weeks before I can get the PvE one.

I don't feel very lucky, as my friends also managed to get their weapons too.

I can see many issues here:

- The PvP gear is way too easy to obtain, and quickly trivializes the PvE challenge.

- Getting T1 tokens is worthless, since one can get directly T2 gear and be full T2 before she or he gets all the required T1 tokens. This issue applies to both PvE and PvP.

Didn't you break something in the gear progression system ?

Or is there anything I did not catch up ?

I agree here. The endgame gear system is way out of wack. My guild was running the Eternity Vault the other night, and some of us we're getting T2 equipment, while others were getting T1 commendations. The T1 gear is practically useless to anyone who was geared to run a normal level Operation. So some of us got lucky while others walked away with nothing of any worth.

I concur. I feel its very very strange that columi gear tokens drop from final bosses in flashpoints. Shoudl be tionese gear. The intake of tionese commendatinos from flashpoints alone is hideously slow. Even with bad RNG on your side you will easily have more columi loot from hard flashpoints than tionese stuff (this i can personally attest to).

I figure that part of the reason the reawrds are low in the hard flashpoints is to encourage the normal operations. But considering thats meant to be 'entry' level and for people who want minimum of fuss I think thats kind of pointless. They should basically have the minibosses in flashpoints grant tionese crystals (as they already do but buff the amount slightly) and have bosses in the hard flashpoints drop tionese commendations but not crystals. Change the columi gear tokens to tionese gear tokens and itll balance out as I see it.

Would still be slow enough to encourage the normal mode operations but not silly as it is right now. And lets face it... columi gear in hard flashpoints... is just pointless. Dont mind the columi tokens from the daily/weekly quests but gear tokens from the final bosses just stand out to me as subverting the tionese tier from the ground up. Especially as columi gear tokens don't drop in normal mode operations (or do they? Going to pay attention to the drops in future >.<).

Edited by silverprovidence