Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ops Looting, Unfair?

NothingBetter
01.08.2012 , 08:31 PM | #1
So I just downed Gharj in normal ops, and the looting system seems unfair, as loot is autmatically designated to players (random I believe) but the error here is I got a peice of gear I already had and another player could use for their main spec (was a set piece for BH), It's bound so I can't trade it. Any fixes to this looting system how to disable it? And The leader was master looter, and master looter only allows the leader to designated certain universal pieces to players. Please only intelligent responses from those who have run ops or understand the looting system.

Thank you.

Edit: Now I just completed the third boss/miniboss/puzzle area, and the chest is bugged in Eternity Vault and we can't click to get our loot.

Edit 2: if you had it on master looter for chests, you can pass leader to people in your ops, from one person to other if you are unable to loot the chest

xDarthAgonyX
01.08.2012 , 08:32 PM | #2
the group leader chooses the loot system take it up with the group leader
░▒▓▓▌╞Crimson Legion╡▐▓▓▒░

jizerai
01.08.2012 , 08:35 PM | #3
This has been discussed to death. There is a chance for every player participating in the fight to receive an item upon completion of an encounter (on normal difficulty). This may seem "unfair", but random is random. This system offers every player a chance for loot, in comparison to only X players (which still can be loot they can't use or already have). Also, you receiving loot does not interfere with other players receiving it. It's "working as intended".
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

NothingBetter
01.08.2012 , 08:44 PM | #4
Oh ok, now we just finished jungle and cant use the chest :P, but ok. thats a really stupid mechanic good to know.

silverprovidence
01.08.2012 , 08:49 PM | #5
I like the idea. But some of the choices are a bit annoying I wish you could trade items within the raid. Like tonight on killing the first boss our dps juggernaut got the tank helm (myself being a juggernaut tank). He never tanks, sod tried to trade it to me before remembering that you cant do that :P. Functionally its practically the same as a need/greed system only without the option for players to choose what items that they want to roll on.

Im loathe to suggest changing it to intuitively check what spec you are as the option for offspec gear should exist. But lacking an ingame roll command (seriously wth there) makes master looting that stuff to try and resolve it a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge pain. The system should be looked at and reassessed in my view. Next major patch they are resolving the pvp bag random toss ups for instance, it seems an oversight in my view to cite random items being useless for you as a problem in pvp but not on the pve content side of things with the auto-assign system working in practically the same manner.
'Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic' - William Ewart Gladstone.