Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZionHalcyon
12.30.2011 , 11:59 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Rheemus View Post
Sighghhh all the selfrighteous but yet UNINFORMED players....

Firstly, the purple one from PVP is first of ALL, EMPIRE side only,

Second, its CLASS restircted as well (which means no purple for EMpire Sith Assasins, but only jugger, marauders)

Third, as i mentioned in another thread all level 50 purple quality gear has some of their mod slots LOCKED, this also goes for color crystals ! Which means you cannot remove it or put it into another weapon (which for example an Assasin would want, as mentioned in second)
Which saber is this? Do you buy it in the imperial fleet?

msales
12.30.2011 , 12:30 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
Yeah, too bad this game isn't like real life where you get anything you want solely because you feel you deserve it. Oh, wait...
Did you not read what you were replying to?

Catch_TwentyTwo
12.30.2011 , 02:02 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by HELhikari View Post
As a GM, if someone wanted a purple lightsaber in a table top game, I'd make them work for it.

Green, blue, yellow (thanks to the EU), and red would be the easy-to-get colours, from the normal crystal cave sources or synthetic production. Other colours would be harder - I'd either make them major boss loot or possibly a special side quest (and yes, I'd also set up similar side quests for people playing other classes).
It's so nice to see a common sense post.

This is exactly what I think should happen because;
  1. It fits with how MMO's work
  2. It fits with canon; Mace Windu was the only Jedi known to have a purple blade in the movies
  3. Making all items "gimme, gimme, ginne!" would destroy this game in next to no time. Citation: SWG!!!
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

Valgranth
12.30.2011 , 04:01 PM | #114
Purple is fairly common and should be more easily obtained.
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings always darker, emptier, simpler."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

msales
12.31.2011 , 03:58 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunitsukami View Post
Welcome people, to the majority of thread makers on forums everywhere, these people are rarely actually playing the game and they do not stick around in MMO's long and they will make these threads about every game they have ever played.... A.K.A: A-holes.
You base this on what information?

msales
12.31.2011 , 04:01 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Catch_TwentyTwo View Post
It's so nice to see a common sense post.

This is exactly what I think should happen because;
  1. It fits with how MMO's work
  2. It fits with canon; Mace Windu was the only Jedi known to have a purple blade in the movies
  3. Making all items "gimme, gimme, ginne!" would destroy this game in next to no time. Citation: SWG!!!
Four points.
1. Very few people are saying that purple crystals shoul be easy to obtain, just not raid or pvp exclusive.
2. This is how *you* think MMOs work. There is not set formula.
3. In the context of the game world purple is not such an uncommon colour. This is set several thousand years before the films.
4. SWG was not destroyed in next to no time (lasted about 7 years). And it died because SOE dumbed the game down and ignored player feedback.

Suzsi
01.07.2012 , 02:49 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakumene View Post
When EVERYONE has a purple crystal you won't want it anymore.

It's GOOD for things to be unique, or at least hard to get.
In terms of colours?? No its really not. Its GOOD to allow players to choose a colour that they like so that they can customize how they wish. So many colours in the world, so many colour crystals they could have - if all were readily available how many people would actually be running around with purple ones? Ohh maybe just the few who actually want to huh? Personally I like aqua.

Suzsi
01.07.2012 , 02:52 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by msales View Post
Four points.
1. Very few people are saying that purple crystals shoul be easy to obtain, just not raid or pvp exclusive.
2. This is how *you* think MMOs work. There is not set formula.
3. In the context of the game world purple is not such an uncommon colour. This is set several thousand years before the films.
4. SWG was not destroyed in next to no time (lasted about 7 years). And it died because SOE dumbed the game down and ignored player feedback.
SWG had full customization of appearances right from the start - heck there were even all kinds of colour crystals available right from the start for anyone who unlocked Jedi - including purple.

It lasted 8 years. It didnt die due to dumbing down it died due to time and new 'better' MMO's being released as they all do eventually. Personally I played it for the 8 years, no game matches the customization of SWG and its something that they did very very right.

GeorgZoeller
01.08.2012 , 08:43 PM | #119 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughtful and well articulated feedback. We're going to re-discuss this topic internally and see what we can come up with. I wouldn't expect any short term changes on this as we've got a lot of stuff in the pipe right now, but I wanted to let you know that we have taken note of the feedback given in this thread.

-- Georg

NessusFett
01.08.2012 , 10:44 PM | #120
but purple and cyan and magenta colors were rare in the star wars universe.

you only have very few select jedi/sith getting "exotic colors"

This should continue the same into the virtual universe IMO.

Personally it would be annoying as hell to have every 13 year old running around with a white saber... that just defeats the purpose.
Random Acts Of Violence

PVE & PVP :|: CASUAL FUN ENVIRONMENT :|: MATURE SW FANS
"You can only run... but you'll only die tired." -
RECRUITING DDeluxe Owner