Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many heroic quests

Kazanth
01.08.2012 , 08:17 PM | #1
What the title says. I don't hate heroic quests, in fact I've find it quite fun doing all these group quests while leveling up! What I do hate however is spamming general chat, scouting /who and being forced to either leave them or abandon them when I have no luck finding anyone. This problem will be even worse when everyone's mains hit 50 and the leveling craze is over.

What are the solutions?
- Remove or drastically cut down the amount of Heroic 4 quests and make them Heroic 2 instead.
- Toggable difficulty setting for certain quests, letting you choose between soloing or doing it as a group. The group difficulty could have added rewards on top of social points to encourage people.
- Cross-server grouping for heroic quests. I know, never going to happen but it does work. Leveling up dungeons in WoW were mostly dead until LFD came along.
What happens on Nar Shaddaa stays on Nar Shaddaa...

imtrick
01.08.2012 , 08:19 PM | #2
Please, no. I like the relatively few 4-man heroics a lot.

This is definitely a case of "if you don't like them, don't do them." Don't ask to have content taken away from other players just because you don't personally appreciate it.
Taint & Rough Trade - tart.enjin.com
------Casual and Hard-Core, 18+ GLBT Sith & Republic Guilds------
Part of the game-spanning Rough Trade Gaming Community

ryancwn
01.08.2012 , 08:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazanth View Post
What the title says. I don't hate heroic quests, in fact I've find it quite fun doing all these group quests while leveling up! What I do hate however is spamming general chat, scouting /who and being forced to either leave them or abandon them when I have no luck finding anyone. This problem will be even worse when everyone's mains hit 50 and the leveling craze is over.

What are the solutions?
- Remove or drastically cut down the amount of Heroic 4 quests and make them Heroic 2 instead.
- Toggable difficulty setting for certain quests, letting you choose between soloing or doing it as a group. The group difficulty could have added rewards on top of social points to encourage people.
- Cross-server grouping for heroic quests. I know, never going to happen but it does work. Leveling up dungeons in WoW were mostly dead until LFD came along.

You can do Heroic 4 with 2 man + 2 companion (well, when you are over level but then, you will be over level most of the time if you did all the heroic, mission and bonus mission and bonus series)

Lukeia
01.08.2012 , 08:21 PM | #4
In my experience. Heroic 4 mans are quite doable with just one other person and using the two companions. Granted I"m only level 25 but my husband and I haven't had any trouble with them so far.

Genitor
01.08.2012 , 08:23 PM | #5
your asking bioware to get rid of content? wow this game is a lose-lose for bioware. it seems every thing they do comes with complaints. EVERYTHING

some people just cant be happy
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{Ξ██████████████████████████████) For the Republic!

JarenVestrit
01.08.2012 , 08:24 PM | #6
I don't know. I see them as an alternative way to level if you want to save some of the world-quests for another character.

I'm considering doing that.

Plus, they teach you about grouping, and how your class fits into a group.
Legends are generally bad news; there's not that much difference between heroes and madmen.
-Solid Snake
Mix'orish, IA Sniper on Death Wind Corridor.

jasoncollins
01.08.2012 , 08:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Genitor View Post
your asking bioware to get rid of content? wow this game is a lose-lose for bioware. it seems every thing they do comes with complaints. EVERYTHING

its the net you could make this game super epic no bugs every thing just perfect and some 1 would complain about the game being to good or some lame excuse lol

just comes with the turf
but i would like to see more normal quest or in a heroic zone let you summon another companion lol
10% love for the real world
90% hate for the real world

Thecooljason
01.08.2012 , 08:30 PM | #8
Agreed. Its a real pain to have to find other people to do them with. And I like questing solo anyways.

Kazanth
01.08.2012 , 08:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by imtrick View Post
Please, no. I like the relatively few 4-man heroics a lot.

This is definitely a case of "if you don't like them, don't do them." Don't ask to have content taken away from other players just because you don't personally appreciate it.
I think you missed my point. I want to do these heroic quests but finding groups for some Heroic 4's, such as the one in the Alderaan bonus series, is near impossible and even if you do find a group you've likely wasted an extremely long time looking for people. I realize some people such as yourself would prefer to keep things the way they are now which is why I posted compromises, rather than just saying "GET RID OF THEM I DONT LIKE".

I'm not trying to take content away from other players, my second suggestion in fact lets everyone experience the content in whichever way they want. What's wrong with that?

Quote: Originally Posted by Genitor View Post

I don't remember asking Bioware to remove content? I also don't see the problem with complaining, I like a lot of things about TOR but I'd rather give feedback and make this game better than tell Bioware that they're perfect.
What happens on Nar Shaddaa stays on Nar Shaddaa...

yotsuga
01.08.2012 , 08:39 PM | #10
the only time that i find that it's too much is when i couldn't find anyone else to grp with to do heroic +4 , right now i have like 6 - 8 heroic +4 mission rotting there, not that i don't want to do but i couldn't find anyone, not to mention i'm at a different time zone