Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

amazon shipping early.

Pyrolance
12.14.2011 , 02:13 AM | #1
ok so now amazon is shipping the game now. might be a ******** question but what abt other retailers will they be selling game early aswell to allow everyone to get online or is this just to help out places like austrailia.

Rubiin
12.14.2011 , 02:16 AM | #2
Where did you find out about amazon shipping early?

Rubiin
12.14.2011 , 02:18 AM | #4
thanks champ , great news.

Pyrolance
12.14.2011 , 02:19 AM | #5
np dude

TYGRHobbes
12.14.2011 , 02:26 AM | #6
I just got done going at it with an Amazon CS agent and they wouldn't allow me to change my CE order to faster than standard shipping. That means they are still being sent out on the 20th. He also said they didn't even have them in the warehouse and that's why I can't change the shipping speed. I think it's been confirmed that they do in fact have the copies sitting in there warehouse. So obviously that announcement only applied to the standard editions.

Tyranoc
12.14.2011 , 04:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TYGRHobbes View Post
I just got done going at it with an Amazon CS agent and they wouldn't allow me to change my CE order to faster than standard shipping. That means they are still being sent out on the 20th. He also said they didn't even have them in the warehouse and that's why I can't change the shipping speed. I think it's been confirmed that they do in fact have the copies sitting in there warehouse. So obviously that announcement only applied to the standard editions.
Thats incorrect. I dealt with Amazon 4 times today 3 times via live chat, once via phone. They in fact DO have stock. Shipment of items begin as of the 15th so they can arrive to those who paid for the release date delivery between 16 - 20 Dec. It is for both standard and CE. They however WERE NOT going to ship them early to anyone who did not have the Release Date Delivery. I was in fact too told that they have no stock and would not receive stock til 20 December. But when i copy and pasted the Amazon.com Confirmation email that states his estimated delviery time being 16 - 20 Dec, proving they have to have stock in order to deliver in that time I was informed that there was a dedicated team looking into the issue.

If you now look at the SWTOR entry on amazon.com you will see the release date is now December 16, 2011. Not December 20, 2011 like it was earlier today. I was then later informed that all the delivery dates for the orders would have to be updated an dthat could take up to 48 hours.

After blasting 3 of the Service Reps and showing them the entries on amazon.com as well as confirmation emails FWD to me by my cousin and 4 of his friends in the US, I explained that I was unhappy and the service rep didnt help. I then received a phone call explaining that the Service Reps are giving information to customers that are not up to date.
At the time i spoke to the Service Reps none of them had been informed of the changes and dismissed anything others said. They are now being back briefed and corrections are being made.

So yes it was and still is a **** fight, but they are sortign it out. I was told my item should be shipped "NO LATER THAN 19 December" But it should be before that. However that is subject to change.

But yes deliveries start shipping out and should be received between 16 - 20 December at the earliest if you are in the US, and 18 - 21 December if you are international.

When I receive it in writing via emails promised to me i'll post it to confirm.