Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Next for Star Wars MOVIES?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What Next for Star Wars MOVIES?

Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2012 , 05:27 PM | #11
You know I didn't want to post this vid, but this guy is spot on with the whole people that "hate" or talk about movies. Now its about horror remakes mostly, but you can take what he says and apply it to other movies not just horror. It is truthful though in some ways, I recommend people watch it especially the last few minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAkoj...b8XmFT9Y5DZay9

Also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLd7H...eature=related
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Oappo
01.08.2012 , 05:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ScubaStevo View Post
I think it would be awesome if they made Knights of the Old Republic into a live action feature film. Christian Bale as Revan, Kate Breckenstale as Bastila, and Jason Statham as Malak...EPIC. Maybe have Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo. Think about that.
Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo would be epic.

God help us if Lucas gets his hands on another star wars project. Especially any pre-prequel ones. That time in history is the best I think. Untouched by George.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden
Well it won't be a release date or anything like that. Probably some lame update about polishing rocks or cleaning windows for SWTOR. Maybe a cafeteria workers perspective on what serving lunch in the Bioware office is like.

WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.08.2012 , 05:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Oappo View Post
Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo would be epic.

God help us if Lucas gets his hands on another star wars project. Especially any pre-prequel ones. That time in history is the best I think. Untouched by George.
Problem is who is going to tell Lucas to keep his mitts off the next Star Wars movie?

He is not just some subordinate studio Director. He has become his own Studio head/Billionaire.

None of his brown nose underlings are going to tell him.

He saw the light with Empire Strikes Back ( the number 2 movie on my all time fav movies list) and hired his old teacher Irvin Kershner to Direct while he stepped back into Exec Producer. Please for the love of God Lucas do the same again.

Eillack
01.08.2012 , 05:55 PM | #14
A thread with a base of bias has no point in existense.

That said. In general movies are over, shows are the next thing.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

ScubaStevo
01.08.2012 , 05:58 PM | #15
A KoTOR film needs to be made. If Lucas is as money hungry as we thinks we is, he will do it and he WILL butcher the story. He might even make it all CGI...it would ruin it. Another problem is the choices issue. I'm not sure what the true canon story is for revan, but that would have to be fleshed out before pre-production. Maybe it already is, I haven't read the book.

But if they do make it, live action and everything, I really want them to retain the amazing twist. I won't even tell my friends what happens because its that good of a twist to expirence. They need to have start at the start of the game as well, with background information flowing in periodically by Carth's and Bastilla's characters, leading up to the end game. Some content will have to be cut to get the film to feasible lengths.

BrandonSM
01.08.2012 , 06:22 PM | #16
A KoTOR film needs to be made. If Lucas is as money hungry as we thinks we is, he will do it and he WILL butcher the story. He might even make it all CGI...it would ruin it. Another problem is the choices issue. I'm not sure what the true canon story is for revan, but that would have to be fleshed out before pre-production. Maybe it already is, I haven't read the book.
No, TOR era movies. Leave that to BW.

Make a new Era Lucas. Or tell someone else to. No more skywalkers or Solo's,
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

HawkiPride
01.08.2012 , 06:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
Lucas has explicitly stated that there will be no more Star Wars feature films.

While that could change, right now there are no plans.

For me personally, I would love to see some Star Wars films that aren't about the Skywalker line. A young Han Solo movie, maybe? Or perhaps a war movie about infantry (similar to Battlefront)? Or something completely original that's a powerful story but doesn't hold the fate of the galaxy in the plot.
I would love to see a movie based from the soldiers perspective. Or darker, more adult themed movie, although i know that wont happen as long as Star Wars is in the title.
For The Republic!
First rule when dealing with the devil...Don't

ScubaStevo
01.08.2012 , 06:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by HawkiPride View Post
I would love to see a movie based from the soldiers perspective. Or darker, more adult themed movie, although i know that wont happen as long as Star Wars is in the title.
Revenge of the sith was supposed to be dark...it ended up just being killing children.

HawkiPride
01.08.2012 , 07:13 PM | #19
Revenge of the sith was supposed to be dark...it ended up just being killing children.
Yeah, it was "supposed" to be. I know its the only SW movie that was rated pg13, but i would like to see something rated NC17 or R. Something serious and gritty
For The Republic!
First rule when dealing with the devil...Don't

Vecke
01.08.2012 , 07:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
When did he state that?

I remember in a youtube interview, he stated after making the entire six 3D he will begin the next trilogy of movies.
In a 2008 interview with Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX."
"I know."