Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rage DPS or Rage TANK PVP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Rage DPS or Rage TANK PVP?
 

darkurz's Avatar


darkurz
01.08.2012 , 12:44 PM | #1
Is it better to spec into rage and get dps gear or spec into rage and wear tank gear?
Which has a better balance of damage/survivablity
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
―The Code of the Sith

Noth's Avatar


Noth
01.08.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
Just spec rage with dps gear and run around in soresu form. You will effectively be a tank.
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

darkurz's Avatar


darkurz
01.08.2012 , 05:26 PM | #3
is that the best thing to do? thats what ive been doing but only since i started off with the dps pvp gear. I know i get waay more commedations when i protect people in tank form.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
―The Code of the Sith

Kabloosh's Avatar


Kabloosh
01.08.2012 , 05:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by darkurz View Post
is that the best thing to do? thats what ive been doing but only since i started off with the dps pvp gear. I know i get waay more commedations when i protect people in tank form.
That is why you go rage spec and turn into the defensive form. You'll easily get those tank medals if you guard the right person and you can actually kill people as rage spec, plus you have some added mobility as rage spec with obliterate.

darkurz's Avatar


darkurz
01.08.2012 , 05:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
That is why you go rage spec and turn into the defensive form. You'll easily get those tank medals if you guard the right person and you can actually kill people as rage spec, plus you have some added mobility as rage spec with obliterate.
But its still viable to shield people with dps gear on?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
―The Code of the Sith

Noth's Avatar


Noth
01.08.2012 , 06:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by darkurz View Post
But its still viable to shield people with dps gear on?
I do it all the time. you'll have about 45% armor mitigation in soresu, and shielding damage doesn't seem to get effected on whether you successfully defend or not.
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

darkurz's Avatar


darkurz
01.08.2012 , 06:19 PM | #7
I guess i just need to get more gear then:/ i feel like my life just disappears just from shielding
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
―The Code of the Sith